Stalling Issues with 06 5.7 Hemi Commander - Page 3 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Points: 2,073, Level: 27 Points: 2,073, Level: 27 Points: 2,073, Level: 27
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to JBenn911
Don't know if it would apply with the Jeeps, but... In my racing days, a common cause of stalling(when coming to a stop) in the Grand National's was the torque converter locking and failing to unlock. In the GN's it was discovered by doing a test drive with a Modis or some other good scanner connected. It would show the status of the TC solenoid and whether it was locked or unlocked. Perhaps the dealer can hook up the Star Scan or whatever they use and do a diagnostic run.. Hope it helps..

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Points: 3,614, Level: 37 Points: 3,614, Level: 37 Points: 3,614, Level: 37
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Lucky me ... my 2007 4.7 with 49k miles stalled on the highway. After doing some research online learned of a recall, which my car doesn't fall under. Chrysler advises me to bring the car into the dealer for a diagnostic test $105 to see whats wrong.

Receive a phone call from my local dealer, good news. Nothing is wrong with your car. My response is thats actually bad news as there is something wrong with the car as it shouldn't be stalling on the highway. Dealers suggests changing plugs and belts - almost laughable.

Chrysler financial opened a case ,,, oh boy. Anyone want to buy a Commander LOL.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

2007 Hemi Engine Stalls

Engine began stalling about 4 months ago after installing platinum plugs. Found that was a no no. Put OEM plugs in. Stalling continues sporadically. Will be driving at 70 and engine just quits. Turn off ignition, something appears to reset and the engine starts and runs fine. Sometimes will stall for a few seconds and re-catch. Sometimes, quits at stop light/sign and I have to turn key off and will restart. Occasionally the accelerated will just increase RPM from idle to 1500 while stopped. CEL never comes on in any situation. I am seeing there doesn't appear to be a solution after all the posts I am reading.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Points: 5,350, Level: 46 Points: 5,350, Level: 46 Points: 5,350, Level: 46
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

I have the same issue. I can't believe there are that many of us that have the same problem yet the dealers never heard of it. It's an extremely dangerous situation and a recall should be issued.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch1285 View Post
Engine began stalling about 4 months ago after installing platinum plugs. Found that was a no no. Put OEM plugs in. Stalling continues sporadically. Will be driving at 70 and engine just quits. Turn off ignition, something appears to reset and the engine starts and runs fine. Sometimes will stall for a few seconds and re-catch. Sometimes, quits at stop light/sign and I have to turn key off and will restart. Occasionally the accelerated will just increase RPM from idle to 1500 while stopped. CEL never comes on in any situation. I am seeing there doesn't appear to be a solution after all the posts I am reading.
I have the exact same problem.

2007 Commander with Hemi
Babied, always maintained correctly. Everything has been by the book. I have done all the oil changes, it has never seen anything but 5w-20 full synthetic.

-Started stalling randomly at stop lights. Maybe once a week.
-Changed plugs, which were OEM, to new OEM plugs. Stalling seemed to get better
-6 months later stalling is back. It stalled on the Interstate on my wife and she nearly crashed.
-Has stalled out at stop lights like 20 times overall. Am friends with Jeep dealer mechanic. He wants me to change plugs (again) because apparently there are two different OEM plugs of the same part number. One has a black top, the other has a silver top. I am not sure which ones I have but will update when I pull one this weeked. I believe (there is a technical service bulletin) that the black tops are the correct OEM plugs.......

If anyone gets a definitive solution to this I would be greatly appreciative. I am out of warranty and cannot afford to get swindled at the dealership.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15 Points: 858, Level: 15
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Jeep installing

I seen that many are having or have had issues with stalling out. Has anyone found a true fix?
Dealer mechanics are telling me that they need to drive it all day to give me an answer.....not interested in replacing a lot of "maybe" parts.

2007 HEMI 5.7
Stalls when coming to a stop and at 65mph.

Any thoughts?
I've seen the recalls for 06.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Points: 2,230, Level: 28 Points: 2,230, Level: 28 Points: 2,230, Level: 28
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

FYI Mine stalls randomly too. Most often when cold and when stopped in drive or coming to a stop. Changed the ignition switch to fix another issue, I think is stalls less now but not yet fixed. Suspect it's the transmission/computer for it. I have two new filters and am going to change the fluid see if it makes a difference.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

Check your lower ckp ( crank position sensor ) hard starting,stalling randomly can be cause from improper circuit at monitoring ignition point cylinder 1 . Should be easy to locate remove and replace your stalling issues should be fixed. Has to do something with sending fuel timing ect. Based on the location of the part it's really subject to rain salt snow mid whatever terrain your driving.Do little bit of research on that. Should be a minor fox seeing these modules last about 50k roughly. A sotimes It may or may not give a code or light. Often without warning. Have you yet used any diagnostic ?

Last edited by Comm; 11-06-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Points: 1,863, Level: 25 Points: 1,863, Level: 25 Points: 1,863, Level: 25
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

I have this problem to. 07 hemi, when coming to a stop, i will be waiting at a red light then the engine stalls, also will stall when driving at low speeds like in a parking lot and also sometimes when I'm reversing. as you can tell I'm a daily staller. at least once a day if not more. It throws a p0884 code. can't seem to find much info on it? any help is appreciated.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Points: 4,159, Level: 41 Points: 4,159, Level: 41 Points: 4,159, Level: 41
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmantesso13 View Post
I have this problem to. 07 hemi, when coming to a stop, i will be waiting at a red light then the engine stalls, also will stall when driving at low speeds like in a parking lot and also sometimes when I'm reversing. as you can tell I'm a daily staller. at least once a day if not more. It throws a p0884 code. can't seem to find much info on it? any help is appreciated.

Same here a week or so after I changed plugs(copper Champions). Trying to deduce this problem before I have to take it to a dang dealer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion