Jeep Commander Forum banner

How to change C/T button light?

13K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Nitemare3219 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, today i realize that the light of my compass temperature button on the dashboard is gone...as u can see from the pic there is no light at all coming from the button..
How can i replace it????
Thanks

Black Circle Technology Screenshot Font

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

See less See more
#2 ·
at least i wanna know how is called the button panel (the one with C/T, reset and the other)
i can find it used somehow???
thnaks

#3 ·
Check out this thread. Read it all the way through, there is a step by step photo sequence that is quite good. Also there are some YouTube videos showing how to upgrade from the factory incadecent bulbs to LED.

I need to do this too.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11192

#4 ·
thanks man, so helpful but i need to change the C/T led and everywhere, even other post they are talking about the climate unit.
Im scared the bulbs are different and even the procedure.

I wanna find something as similar as possible to the OEM one. I would like it all WHITE but this mean change it all....

u ll change all???

#5 ·
It should be the same procedure, the C/T light is just under a different access panel above the climate control access panel. I'm guessing it's the same bulbs for the C/T but can't say for sure.

I'll replace them all while I have it open - I don't feel like tearing my dash apart more than once. More than half of them have burned out already.

#6 ·
Thanks god on my jeep just the c/t button is gone. I don't know if is necessary to do all this trouble for a single light.. Maybe is better to wait that other lights ll shutdown.
Btw i can also buy more bulbs and change it all already... But you can show me the light type??

Thanks

#7 ·

These are the bulbs I used for the Message Center panel including the C/T button. They are smaller than the ones used in the Heater/AC control panel. The stock bulbs have a blue rubbery coating like plastidip which dims them down and changes the light to a bluish tint. I liked the way the white light looks so am keeping it that way. If I get tired of it later I can always put something on the bulbs.

Also, here is a picture of how I installed an additional light bulb under the "Message Center" button where there never was one before. Its pretty easy, just solder two short pieces of wire to terminals J10 and J12 so that the light bulb location will be centered behind the Message Center button. I never understood why Jeep didn't put one there to begin with.

#8 ·
Thanks a lot man, but i cannot see the pictures.. Can u try to update it again?? Thanks again..
Ps:do you know where i can find the led for it?? Thanks

#9 ·
I think when I upload pictures they are not visible until the moderator clears them. If you still can't see them, they are in my album.

The bulbs I got from Radio Shack, part #7219. I was originally going to change to LED but didn't want to screw with soldering in resisters.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I get the chance to ask what is message center button?? Cause i saw it in so many pic but on mine ( and i guess all European) there is no... I get an empty space there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
I believe mine says information center, and it's a not a button. It just says information center with the buttons beside it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.