Jeep Commander Forum banner

Load Range of tires??

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Atsah 
#1 ·
The original equipment was
Load index: 105 (2039 lbs)
Tirerack has them listed as Max Load (2039lbs)
Is load index the same as a Max load rating?

If I get a set with load range "E" they are rated much higher...
Stiffer side wall? I assuming you give up comfort for lack of a better word

It looks like most tires I've looked at have a higher Max Load than the stock regardless if I go to a larger size or stay with the same size....
:dunno:

#3 ·
Ya, load range "E" can handle a lot of weight.. My F-350 had load range "E" tires.. They wore like iron.. I would never put them on a Commander, there made to handle a lot of weight and you lose ride quality for sure.. The rubber compound is hard and you would also sacrafice traction in a light vehicle..

#5 ·
I been looking at BFG AT's in 265/65/18 but they only come in a E load range. I been told by one person that has them that the ride is pretty stiff. They are looking to try Silent Armors hoping for a more compliant ride.
Silent Armors are what I have and they are by far the best tire I have put on a vehicle.. They are aggressive, ride nice, have great traction in all conditions, no noise and wear really well.. Can't beat em IMO..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.