Jeep Commander Forum banner

Code P0700 and code P0841, help!

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kevinreeves033165 
#1 ·
Last night my wife was driving home and called me to say the MIL had come on and that the transmission was no longer showing the D, it was instead a 3 and she was not able to shift back into D.

I had her pull over and I met her up i the parking lot where she was and was able to turn off the engine and turn it back on and D was working fine again however the MIL was still on. I was able to drive home with no issue.

Today I went up to Advanced Auto and borrowed their code machine, plugged it up and this is what it found:

P0700 MOD $00
Transmission Control system
(Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request)

P0841 MOD $01
Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/
Switch A Circuit
Range/Performance

P0700 MOD $00

I somewhat understand the P0700 however I have no clue about the other one.

Here are the vehicle specs:

2006 Commander
4.7 4x4 with 4Low
about 95500 miles on it

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated in understanding more about those codes so I know which way to proceed with them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Bad transmission pressure sensor ?

#3 ·
Last night my wife was driving home and called me to say the MIL had come on and that the transmission was no longer showing the D, it was instead a 3 and she was not able to shift back into D.

I had her pull over and I met her up i the parking lot where she was and was able to turn off the engine and turn it back on and D was working fine again however the MIL was still on. I was able to drive home with no issue.

Today I went up to Advanced Auto and borrowed their code machine, plugged it up and this is what it found:

P0700 MOD $00

P0841 MOD $01
Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/
Switch A Circuit
Range/Performance

P0700 MOD $00

I somewhat understand the P0700 however I have no clue about the other one.

Here are the vehicle specs:

2006 Commander
4.7 4x4 with 4Low
about 95500 miles on it

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated in understanding more about those codes so I know which way to proceed with them.
Were you ever able to figure this out?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Last night my wife was driving home and called me to say the MIL had come on and that the transmission was no longer showing the D, it was instead a 3 and she was not able to shift back into D. I had her pull over and I met her up i the parking lot where she was and was able to turn off the engine and turn it back on and D was working fine again however the MIL was still on. I was able to drive home with no issue. Today I went up to Advanced Auto and borrowed their code machine, plugged it up and this is what it found: P0700 MOD $00 Transmission Control system (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) P0841 MOD $01 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/ Switch A Circuit Range/Performance P0700 MOD $00 Transmission Control system (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request) I somewhat understand the P0700 however I have no clue about the other one. Here are the vehicle specs: 2006 Commander 4.7 4x4 with 4Low about 95500 miles on it Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated in understanding more about those codes so I know which way to proceed with them.
Don’t borrow a scanner it got a scanner built in the jeep turn key 3 times fast then it will come up on the dash