Jeep Commander Forum banner

Which exhaust system did you choose?

Did you upgrade your exhaust system? Which one did you install?

34K views 55 replies 42 participants last post by  nlsone60 
#1 ·
If you have upgraded your exhaust system, let us know which unit you went with.

#31 ·
How much should I be looking to spend on exhaust on my 2006 5.7L? I want the mpg benefits and less engine pressure you get from performance exhaust but would also like it to be as quiet as humanly possible.
Stealth and speed is the idea. Who are the best companies at that?

rjhj

Toronto, Ontario.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#32 ·
I like the Gibson

I would recommend the Gibson. It's the only full 3 inch exhaust out there. Available in SS and installs easily. I think the sound is just right, with a V8 rumble that is subdued and somewhat louder on acceleration. I used SS band clamps as well as the provided ones and it is leakfree, rock solid and looks good.

#36 ·
Flowmaster 50 sounds great turns heads all the time

#38 ·
Can I swap my exhaust from cat back in my driveway with a couple jack stands or am I just looking for trouble and swear words thinking like that?
I haven't had a good look under there yet to know what the set up is like.

#39 ·
Can I swap my exhaust from cat back in my driveway with a couple jack stands or am I just looking for trouble and swear words thinking like that?
I haven't had a good look under there yet to know what the set up is like.

I did mine in my driveway on ramps. Didn't jack it up at all.

#41 ·
Would there be any welding involved? Say on a Gibson system?

No welding on the Magnaflow cat-back but I don't know about the other systems. I think that if they are cat-backs they should just bolt on.

#44 ·
I did a cat back custom dual exhaust using a flowmaster super 40. 3" center inlet dual 2.5" outlet with no low hanging fruit. The tips exit at the rear at the same height as the bumper and well above the articulation supports. The spare had to be removed so the exhaust could be mounted to the inside of the rails and up as high as possible. You see absolutely nothing when looking at it from any angle. No chance of crushing it and the rear skid plate can still be used. The interior noise might be to loud for a lot of people, but me I had to hear the sound of an American V8. I actually find myself turning down the radio just to hear it inside the truck. Since I can't hear what it sounds like on the street while I'm driving I have to go by what people tell me. It all has been very positive. Not to loud, not to quiet. It has a great muscle car sound. Classic flowmaster.

#48 ·
I have the Flowmaster 50 on mine here is a video, cold start..

#49 ·
#50 ·
Thanks, she will be a lot louder soon.. Stock resonator coming off and headers are going on!

#51 ·
Where did you find headers ?

#52 ·
Im getting headers made for the SRT8 by OBX, they are a direct fit just need SRT8 gaskets, o2 sensors are in stock location may need extensions for rear 2. Its suggested to weld in stock cats instead of OBX resonator as our HEMIs respond better with having cats in since they are a true high flow cat. Ill be running a custom tune with EGR delete and to compensate with mod...

#54 ·
I just put a Gibson on my wife's 4.7 yesterday. Sound is great. Havent driven it much. Getting a 2" RC lift, Rancho shocks and struts and new tires tuesday. With all the money Ive spent on my Chrysler SRT8, i felt obligated to do something nice for my wife's ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.