Jeep Commander Forum banner

Steering rack p.n. for 2008 XK?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  07JeepXK 
#1 ·
It began clunking. I'm looking for p.n. what suits for my truck that was built on 2008.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I just replaced my steering rack on my 07 Commander 4.7 liter. I could get you the part number off the receipt if its the same as yours. I don't see why it wouldn't be. What engine do you have

#4 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if the part numbers are the same for a 3.0 liter diesel. I'll look it up and see if I can find the correct part number for you

#6 ·
It seems I've found something... Numbers are 68000400AA and 52090488AE. The question left is: what's the difference between them? AFAIK, when number ends with "AA" it means that given part is "raw", in contrast with "AE" that stands for "significally improved". Am I right?

#7 · (Edited)
So. I've fixed the source of that clunking sound. It wasn't the rack. It was right inner tie rod. Unfortunately, I understood it too late: when dealership replaced lower balls, upper control arm and both tie rod ends. And now I am very angry because I paid almost $1300 for the operation that normally should not cost more than $100. Just out of a curiosity: what those operation would cost me if I perform them in a US dealership?

#8 ·
That sounds about right. The dealers charge an arm and a leg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.