Jeep Commander Forum banner

54 inch Curved Led and More!

12K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  jtelling325 
#1 ·
Ok so after looking around for a long time I decided to go with a 54 inch led light bar for the roof. I think it fills the roof line nice.
I actually got a few lights! Here is a list of the lights.

2 seward twin t-2 spot on the matrix bar
2 seward twin t-2 flood on the side of roof rail
2 seward twin t-2 flush mount flood in rear bumper
1 seward 3d twin 12-3d on the matrix bar
1 seward 3d twin 54 curve on the roof mounted to the stock roof cross bar

I got all the lights a Jeephut.com

link to seward http://sewardoffroad.com/ I went with Seward because of the lifetime warranty an IP rating of 69.

will post pics soon

#2 ·
54 inch just makes it to the cross bar. I plan on mounting two steel plates front and back of each mount but her are a few pics of all the lights.

#3 ·

#4 ·

#5 ·
I wired them all up to a relay box that I made and switches I got from ebay.

#6 ·
Are you noticing any difference in wind noise or anything since you moved that front bar all the way to the front?

#7 ·
No, not any more then it was. I know a lot of people were getting wind noise with the straight led bars but I think the curve in the bar helps with the wind.

#8 ·
How did you route the wires? Drill a hole in the roof and down the A-pillar?

#9 ·
Yes. I had the wires there already from my old light bar.

#11 ·
Thanks. Lol! It is a lot of light. I would hate to be in front of anyone on a trail that has a 50 inch led never mind a 54 a 12 and two 3 inch! Haha! My wife just says "why?". I said "It looks cool and why not!".

#26 · (Edited)
I have the 288W 50 inch Oslamp curved LED light bar (one of the more expensive ones on the market at present; It has 2 rows of 48 LED's - 96 total. The individual LED's put out 3 watts a piece) and I don't really see any difference between mine and yours including the mounting points.

Maybe yours has a more pronounced curve to it and a few extra LEDS? Hard to tell, but they look very similar.

The bottom image with the light on at night, is just the LED light bar by itself and it's pretty blinding if you are on the receiving end of it.

#12 ·
The rear lights and the ones on the side are more the the boat ramp that I use. Its pretty dark when I get back in from fishing sometimes.

#16 ·
That's one of the nicest light setups I've ever seen. Dammit, just when I thought I was done blowing money, here you come!

#25 ·
Steel Armadillo has the switch mounting plate, switches available through www.otrattw.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.