Jeep Commander Forum banner

Vibrating 08 Still Under Warranty!!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  davidd1990 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I’ve been reading threads on here for about 2 years now and finally registered so I can ask a question or two. I have an 08 commander with the ever so common vibrating issue. It has had this issue for almost three years! That’s the reason I’ve read EVERY thread on here concerning vibrating. Things that have been done are front propeller shaft changed (twice), rear drive shaft changed, front hubs changed, front diff completely rebuild, chrome clad wheel repeatedly road forced balance with new tires of course, and likely some things I’ve forgotten about along the way. The issue started at about 37K and I now have 70K. So here is the great news and the one thing that seems to separate me from every other person on here complaining about vibrating issues. I bought my jeep brand new so I still have a lifetime powertrain warranty AND I even bought the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty!! So everything has been covered and will continue to be until it’s fixed.

So my question or thought perhaps; I’m convinced that my issue is a faulty torque converter (TC) as my vibrating happens as soon as the TC locks up after changing gears at low RPMs. I’ve repeatedly told this to the dealer but they refuse to change it because they say there is no way to know for sure and can’t do such a big job without a defiant know issue with the TC. So how do I’ve convince them to change it? Thanks for any input!! Dan

See less See more
#3 ·
Happens at 35 45 55 and above 70. Like I said above when the TC locks up. If you give it gas or let off it almost completely goes away. I've had 3 ASE certifies master technicians drive it and all tell me it's the TC, but Jeep/Chrysler refuses to accept that it might be the torque converter (TC). If the warranty work didn’t have to be done at a Chrysler dealership then I could have had this fixed a long time ago. I’ve been to all three dealers in my area.

#5 ·
I just had a similar issue happen with mine, I was literally sitting in a parking space, and the whole car began to vibrate, unsure what caused it but when I restarted the engine, it stopped. That was like 3 weeks ago and it has happened again today, same issue just sitting and it started, didn't matter how fast or if I was even moving, restarted and she was fine. No performance issues or driving issues during the vibration either.... Anyone else had something like this before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.