Jeep Commander Forum banner

Internal Fuse box access

37K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  redbulljoker69 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New(ish) Commander owner. I believe a fuse was blown to my left cigarette lighter but I can't figure out how to get into the internal fuse box. The manual notes it's to the left of the steering column but I really can't see anything that would be easily accessed. I took it to a dealer and they couldn't figure it out and said they'd need to have a technician look at it??

A cheap phone charger came apart inside the lighter and while I was removing pieces it sparked, that's why I think I blew a fuse.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks for your time.

#3 ·
Under the steering column, by where your left shin goes, there is a little access panel to the fuses. The panel opens up to give ok visibility/access, but with just a little more effort the whole plastic piece can be removed to greatly improve workability. This is nothing a technician should need to look at.

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
i was putting lights in when i made a short circuit. so my interior lights wont turn off. which fuse is it? its the lights when u open the door.
i found the fuse and changed it. but my 2nd row lights stay on. they are dimmed a lot. so i took one LED bulb out. so only 1 lights up. but when u click it, all my lights turn on in car. and when you touch the empty bulb socket, it like grounds it and stops light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.