Jeep Commander Forum banner

K&N Cold Air Intake - Commander 3.7L

16K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  luckyse7ens 
#1 ·
A while back I contacted K&N to see if they had a CAI for the 2006 Commander 3.7L, At that time they said no, I had a friend who put one on his 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L. I went over to his house and checked it out, guess what, it looked like the engine compartment for my 06 commander. I contacted K&N about this and they said it wouldn't work duhhh. They put me on the mailing list and a few days later they sent a e-mail telling me that they came out with a NEW kit for the 06 Commander!
Part#: 63-1545 (same as the 06 Grand Cherokee!!!).

I called around to check out pricing for the kit, $268.00! I remebered I had a freind who works for Autozone, I called him and I asked if he could give me some kind of a discount, he said no problem all autozone employees get a 20% discount, I got the kit for $228.00!

Today I installed the kit, I took my time (smoke breaks, etc..) It went on like a champ!! The instructions that came with kit where well laid out and all the parts are numbered, Just match up the part numbers with the install pictures. I took it for a spin and it does have a bigger pick up.

Now what I don't understand is how is disconnecting the postive side of the battery and holding the start key on start for 60 seconds and leaving if off (postive cable) for about 30 minutes is going to reset the computer? I'm having a hard time understanding this. Could someone enlighten me on this.

Sorry for the long letter, Hope it helps someone out......

2006 Jeep Commander
3.7L Engine

See less See more
#29 ·
I know that is going to reset the computer, but how is that going to change the vacuum noise?

Maybe by resetting the computer, I can get even more gain out of the intake kit. I hope it will not screw anything up since the dealership installed a new control module.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.