Jeep Commander Forum banner

Silverton, Colorado: July 27-30, 2012

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  a49erFan 
#1 ·
I have missed the past few Camp Commanders and am itching to bounce around the Rockies again with fellow Commanders. With my wife traveling the end of July, I thought it might be a good time for a meet-up since she doesn't care much for it anyway.

I have made a reservation for an RV spot in Silverton at Red Mountain (motel, cabins, and RV park). I will arrive on July 27 and leave on July 30. This allows for two full days of trail riding.

Anyway, I hope a few of you can join me. I don't like going on the trails alone.

-TJ

#4 ·
I think you missed this part:
Silverton, Colorado: July 27-30

#6 ·
Matt, let's talk about a trip out there. Maybe I could swing it. How about you? Again, maybe a few others we can meet up with. Probably a 2 day trip straight driving with a few stops. Let's talk a oit it at Vineyard.

#7 ·
We spent a week about 25 miles south of Silverton (right between Silverton and Durango.) I think we would be in for that time. It was spectacular. If anyone is extending for a day, you can get from Durango to Moab in about 3 hours so it might be another hour or so from Silverton. While we were out there, it was well worth a long day trip.

However, Silverton, Ouray and taking Ophir Pass to Telluride is an Epic experience by itself. Highly recommend it and we are going to try to plan for it.

#8 ·
Ophir Pass is great, I plan to hit Black Bear again on the 2013 trip.

#10 ·
We always have a blast and people who do not want to drive some of the trails are always welcome to ride shotgun!

Shoot if it is too far to drive out, flay out and stay in the cabins and ride shotgun all week.

#11 ·
Blackbear - Hmmmm. I'd probably try it following other commanders. I will keep my windows up so others don't hear me scream like a little girl.

#13 ·
You do not need the lift and tires for many of the trails. I suggest you make your reservation and you can always cancel if you change your mind.

#16 ·
Yes! After posting I looked up the Camp Commander pics and noticed a stock, with stock wheels and tires no less, tackling the pass.

Im going to talk to the wife tonight and see what it will take for us to be there.

#17 ·
Anything I can do to help, let me know. Lots of family's come too.

#19 ·
Not too far away, see you then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.