Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Jeep Summit 2013

11K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  a49erFan 
#1 ·
We are beginning to plan for the Ultimate Jeep Summit 2013 in Silverton Colorado. Your input is appreciated.

We are looking at July 22 - 26

#4 ·
290 mi, 5 hours 58 mins

#6 ·
There should be threads from other trips to Silverton the last couple years for West Coast Camp Commander for a little history and background.

Im sure a49erfan will post all the info you could imagine as the plans come together; he is really good about it

#7 ·
Have not put anything together yet, but you can expect to hear a lot more over the next few months.

#8 ·
I just got off the phone with Amy at the Red Mountain Motel & RV Park, looks like things are filling up fast in that neck of the woods so if you are planning on attending you may want to make your reservations. They do allow for cancellations so if you think you are attending you need to call her and get the details.

You can rich them at 1-888-970-5512

I will be arriving on Sunday 7/21 and departing Friday 7/26.

I have reserved space #14 again and she suggested you ask for 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25 in order to be in the same area. They also currently have two motel rooms and two small cabins but those go fast so if you need one call soon.

#9 ·
Hey guys. I live in Crested Butte and it is a ridiculously great place for our Jeeps. I would love to have a meet up here. The drive is about 4 hours west of the Springs. Depending on the day, I could host a JC.com balloon ride day too. If some one has a JC.com banner I could fly it on the envelope. This area is about as nice as it gets in Colorado.

#10 ·
How far is Crested Butte from Silverton?

#12 ·
BUMP, looks like a great week of wheeling and ballooning and drinking and...

#14 ·
They do not charge your card when you make a reservation and you can cancel without a charge up to a few weeks before if you change your plans. Ask them for details as it is their business and their rules.

#16 ·
Yes, almost all the trails have a by-pass for any area that is too tough.

#18 ·
Looking forward to meeting you!

#20 ·
I think the summit out in Silverton is like a National Summit. But it would also be cool to have a East coast Summit

#21 ·
Back in the day we had WC Camp Commander and EC Camp Commander. When this forum was developed the event changed to The Ultimate Jeep Summit. The guys out east still have events but this was designed to be something that you can't get on any other weekend.

We talked about a national event but there was little interested as the country is so large and epensive to cross in our Jeeps.

The Ultimate Jeep Summit is sponsored by our vendors and has giveaways and other events to encourage more people to attend. Over the years we have held the event in three different locations and who knows what the future will hold.

#22 ·
We plan on going over to the Summit we are just 20 mi. North of Lake City we always go over a couple of times during the summer to Silverton for lunch over Cinnamon Pass or Engineer Pass. We took some friends over July 4th last summer what a zoo that trip way too many on the roads. Should be better by the the time you do the Summit.

#23 ·
We will start to plan the trails and other events in the discussion thread if you have some input.

#25 ·
pjmjr, Adondo & Knappster...

Anyone else?

#26 ·
I called to make reservations. left a voicemail.

#27 ·
Great News!

#28 ·
Bad news is they havent called back

#29 ·
You have to call them every day, there are just the two of them and they get real busy.

#30 ·
I went thru that too. Called, left messages, emails.

Then... I get an email while I'm on the phone with the woman, and while I'm on the phone get another call, and it's the guy who's just discovered the email. When it rains, it pours.

They'll get to you eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.