Jeep Commander Forum banner

Aftermarket wheel backspacing/offset question.

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  boosoo 
#1 ·
I know there are numerous threads regarding this, and I've read a ton of them. I think I've confused myself more. I've got a 2" RC lift that I am going to install once I get the wheels figured out. I have BFG MTs 255/75/17s. I know they will rub even with the pinch weld mod and some trimming. I'm ok with that. I do have some 1.5" spidertrax spacers that I can use as well. So, I was considering my stock wheels with the setup above, which would probably give me the correct look/stance, OR going with some aftermarket XD Hoss or Fuel Hostage wheels. I'm just trying to understand the correct backspacing/offset, so the tires don't stick out to far from the fenders. If I went with a 17x8 or 17x8.5 what would the best setup be with my tires and lift (trying to get the same look as the setup above), and would they clear everything without using the spacers, or would I need to use the spacers, in which case what would be the correct offset for that setup? Sorry for all the questions. I'm wanting to pick the wheels up this week if I go that route.

#2 ·
a 17X8 with +0mm offset / 4.5 inches of back spacing is what im currently running. However my tires are 285/70's. My setup sits out a little farther then what 1.5 inch spacers would with stock wheels and the tires you suggested. I wouldnt go any wider then a 8 inch wide wheel. If you can keep the backspacing closer to 5 inches you would be a little better off.

#3 ·
Actually, I misspoke. My tires are 265/70s...So, what would be the ideal offset/backspacing to put the tires pretty flush or sticking out a tad from the fenders. I have narrowed it down to Fuel Hostage, ATX Crawl and XD Monsters. 17 x 8 in the ATX and 17 x 8.5 in the Fuel or XD. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.