Jeep Commander Forum banner

Uncle_Chopper's Aussie Garage

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Uncle_Chopper 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I've seen there are a few Aussies and other non-Yanks around these forums so I thought I would share my new purchase. There are not many Commanders up for grabs around these parts anymore so I had to search for some time but I'm very pleased with this one.

It's an '06 Limited CRD QDII with about 88,000miles on it. Loving all the bells and whistles this thing has and what you can get for the (relatively) cheap price you pay for these trucks vs the Japanese (boring) alternatives.

No mods yet, but I'm thinking a 2-2.5" lift, some 32s and some armour. The Mercedes diesel V6 in these trucks is just silky smooth and has great power and torque (more than the V8s) out of the box, so I can't wait to see how lively it will be with a tune. QDII is quite simply the best stock 4WD system I've ever seen. I'm keen to see how she goes up some steep and rutted inclines.

The 350Z in the background is technically part of my garage, but is up for sale to help accommodate the new beast.

Cheers from down under...

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice one mate. Quite a find with so few km. Where you at? I'm in Brisbane. Stu at Murchison Products does a 2-1/2" lift for around $1500 and is the Australian distributor for the famous GEE tune. I haven't had mine long enough to comment much on off-road performance, but from what I read the QDII is pretty awesome, providing a lift and some bigger tyres, as ground clearance is the major limiting factor, particularly front.

#4 ·
Nice one mate. Quite a find with so few km. Where you at? I'm in Brisbane. Stu at Murchison Products does a 2-1/2" lift for around $1500 and is the Australian distributor for the famous GEE tune. I haven't had mine long enough to comment much on off-road performance, but from what I read the QDII is pretty awesome, providing a lift and some bigger tyres, as ground clearance is the major limiting factor, particularly front.
I'm on the Gold Coast. Yep, I'm thinking about contacting Stu for a lift and the GDE tune, but I need to sell the Zed first or my Girlfriend will murder me!

#3 ·
Very nice Commander. I find it odd that it has the amber colored front turn signal lenses instead of the clear ones that is standard on the European models.

#5 ·
Very nice Commander. I find it odd that it has the asider colored front turn signal lenses instead of the clear ones that is standard on the European models.
I find it more odd that the parking brake and shifter is on the passengers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.