Jeep Commander Forum banner

Pics of stock Commander w/ more aggressive tires?

10K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  luckyse7ens 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of aftermarket tires installed on a stock suspension Jeep Commander. Also, with the stock suspension, is there any rubbing?

I'm debating on leaving mine stock, or going with a 2" HD OME lift.

Are there any Jeep Commanders on here that have stock suspension with Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, or with BFGoodrich All Terrain Tires?

I live in Michigan. So, I want an aggressive tire that will handle well in the snow. I've had BFG All Terrains in the past on my other vehicle.

#5 · (Edited)
For comparison I just lifted mine and I really the the change so I keep spamming ti everywhere

Mine stock

Mine lifted 1.5"/.5"+ on 255/70r18s with 5.39" backspacing
(bilstein 5100 struts front and stacked 2x additional spring isolators rear)

Got my 5x wheels and tires used off of a JK. (those are factory Safari edition Bridgestones)

It finally looks like a Jeep! :p

#6 · (Edited)
Here is more food for thought. Pic 1, stock ride height, 265/70/17 Falken Widepeak A/T and 1.5" wheel spacers. Pic 2, same tires and spacers, with RC spacer lift and new Bilstein struts.

I highly advise against running that size on a stock Commander. It is rub city at anything more than a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel on flat pavement. Regardless, do anything you can, bigger tires at least and a lift if possible. You'll thank yourself daily.

I know I do as this was mine when I bought it:

#7 ·
Here's another better picture of the above Red Overland with the Revo 2s.

Absolutely no rubbing to report, including minor wheeling. The 2" lift is waiting in my living room for a rainy day with some extra time!

#8 ·
Yeah, both of those Commanders look badass lifted! I think I made my decision. Thanks for the pictures. The stock pictures look cool too. But I don't want to have to worry about rubbing all the time because I like the size tires you chose as well.

#9 ·
Well, like I said, I have no rubbing at stock height, and my overall diameter is within a tenth of an inch of the 265/70/17 on Kurt's above. Running that size, even lifted requires spacers or different wheels. That said though, the lift really does complete the look, which is why mine is going on soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.