Jeep Commander Forum banner

Goose Creek Jeep Trail!!!!

7K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Get Lost 4X4 
#1 ·
This trail is near Cooke City Montana. off the LULU Pass road. it was sweet. there is still to much snow up there. we got in about 3 miles, the road is 7 miles long. we had to turn back because of snow. i had to deploy the winch 3 times to pull the commander over some tall drifts.

pictures are found here that are not posted here. ;)

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/miniyota/goose creek jp trail/

#28 ·
every time 4.7 post photos, its makes me want to road trip to those places and see it in person.

4.7, Are those trials public trails? is it realistic to take trip out to go camping along those places?

#29 ·
PolarBZ said:
Getting stuck on snow drifts, been there, done that
It can get old fast... LOL

#30 ·
they are public trails on public lands. we usually camp just off the trail and sleep in the back of the jeep. if there weren't so many grizzly bears we would sleep in a tent. the jeep is a lot safer!

i have GPS coords. on them... its another part of my business to map the trails and then make books that can be downloaded with a map for $5 each. i'm just getting started on them.

ped4599 said:
every time 4.7 post photos, its makes me want to road trip to those places and see it in person.

4.7, Are those trials public trails? is it realistic to take trip out to go camping along those places?

#31 ·
4.7commander said:
they are public trails on public lands. we usually camp just off the trail and sleep in the back of the jeep. if there weren't so many grizzly bears we would sleep in a tent. the jeep is a lot safer!

i have GPS coords. on them... its another part of my business to map the trails and then make books that can be downloaded with a map for $5 each. i'm just getting started on them.

WHAT!!!?? bears!!! i change my mind.....hehe......im guessing you are not alowed to have a rifle with you either?.....that would put a damper on the trip if i ended up becoming an over night snack.....hehe.....

#32 ·
you can open carry in wyoming and montana. i borrow my father in laws 357 mag. you can shoot a bear if it attacks you. they are off the endangered species list now.:D

ped4599 said:
WHAT!!!?? bears!!! i change my mind.....hehe......im guessing you are not alowed to have a rifle with you either?.....that would put a damper on the trip if i ended up becoming an over night snack.....hehe.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.