Jeep Commander Forum banner

RIP my faithful Commander

8K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Hummer recovery team 
#1 ·
On Monday I just had the OME full 2in lift done with all new mounting hardware installed, along with RRO UCA's, and RRO super sliders. I also redid the entire cooling system over the weekend new h20 pump, hoses, theremostat,serp belt and tension. By Thursday night the fun was over with some a**hole turned left in front of my son and totaled it, drivers side destroyed and engine caught fire with the flames going over the roof of the Commander. Luckily my son only came out of it with a slight concusion from sitting the drivers side window. Hadn't even gotten it off road yet with the new setup.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, man. That really sucks. Glad your son is OK.

#3 ·
Glad you son is Okay, looking forward to watching you build another XK.

#6 ·
My condolences.

I'm glad your son is OK. It proves how safe the XK is, though! :)

Strip out what parts you can and start shopping for another one!

#7 ·
After all that work, and not even have a chance to enjoy it or try her off road.

But the main thing is that no one was hurt very bad.

Looks like it could be a solid parts vehicle, if you have a place to store it !
Did your Commander have side air bags, just curious ?

Good luck, and glad you son wasn't hurt any worse than he was...

#9 ·
#8 ·
I'm sorry about your loss, but you can always replace the metal. Glad your boy is Okay.

#10 ·
The side air bags never went off for some reason, if them had he wouldn't have smacked his head on the drivers side window.

#14 ·
They didn't deploy because the impact was not on the side of the vehicle.

#11 ·
Oh man, that sucks. Glad your son is okay though, that's what really counts.

Here's a bouquet of lilies. May we all have a moment of silence for HEAD6119's Commander.

#12 ·
Wow that sucks! Sorry but like everyone else said I'm glad nobody got seriously hurt.

#13 ·
Very glad to read your son is OK. I'm curious as to why the side curtain airbags failed to inflate. Thankfully, it wasn't a worse incident and the Commander's inherent safety protected your boy. I hope you find a suitable replacement for your XK really soon. Is anything salvageable on the wreck?

#16 ·
So the rebuilding begins

I'am lucky enough to have been able to purchase a new one already. When insurance comes though I'll be able to pay most of it off. Mine was a 2006 with 105000 miles on it, this one is a 2008 with 39000 miles on it and is almost identical to my old one!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
Congrats..... Great News !!!

#18 ·
Sweet new ride!

#19 ·
Congrats! Back in the saddle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#20 ·
Nice! Congrats on your purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.