Jeep Commander Forum banner

October 2012 - Ride of the Month WINNER!

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  07JeepXK 
#1 ·

CONGRATULATIONS!

Core

2" RC Lift
Matt's 1/2" Rear Suspension Spacers
245/75/17 Wrangler DuraTracs
1.5" SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers
Pinch Weld Mod
4x Diff. Guard
4x Belly Guard
Mopar OEM Steel Skids
Rancho RS9000XL Adjustable Valve Series Shock
Flowmaster Super 50 Series
(2) KC 6" 100W Offroad Lights
K&N Drop In Filter
Airaid MIT Intake Tube

See less See more
#4 ·
I posted on the non sticky, so congrats again, was wondering what brush guard that was because google shows many like it and price varies alot. Was also wondering if it bolts on in place of tow hooks or if you can have both

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks! :p

I honestly don't remember the brand of the brush guard. It was the first purchase I made for my old XK. I just took it off and put it on the new one. The Brush Guard bolts on so its pretty useless aside from mounting lights and looks

Regarding the other original thread, I honestly didn't realize I posted late until after, so I edited the post and admitted I posted late.

Regarding the back and forth comments, everyone's preference and reasoning is always different; everyone mods their XK in their own way as we see on these forums or on the trails.

I agree with you that new wheels with proper backspace is much better then painting wheels and using 1.5" spacers. However, I spent $130 on my wheel set up and I get compliments all the time as well as me loving how it turned out. I could not justify the $700-800 dollars on the wheels I wanted when saving for a wedding and house! lol I spent that money on protecting the entire underbody with after-market skids which was far more important to me then new wheels.

I've done a few cosmetic mods but I care mostly about the off-road capability, and internal parts. I also did not choose to do the full cold air-intake because I will never feel the benefit of that nor do I want the extra water exposure. An intake tube and new filter is more then enough for what I do with my XK (Which is never reaching high RPMS to see the benefit of a full intake system).

Anywho, thanks everyone for the votes!

Jeez Matt......look what you have done to me!!!

#8 ·
Damn Matt I just checked out your garage and that is an awesome XK as well. I had to find out for myself what the recognition was for. Now that Im out of the military I hope to have a little cash flow. I haven't had money for any mods since my last deployment. I need skids, steel bumper, and roof rack. probably in that order.

#9 ·
Congrats!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.