Installed 'Buffalo' Side Steps/Nerf Bars... - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Points: 6,361, Level: 52 Points: 6,361, Level: 52 Points: 6,361, Level: 52
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Installed 'Buffalo' Side Steps/Nerf Bars...

Well, I finally got my butt into gear and ordered some side steps/nerf bars. They are 'Buffalo' brand 3" polished steel with black steps on them. Ordered them on Sunday, and they arrived this afternoon. As soon as I got home, I go to work installing them. Opened up the box, to find 2 bars, well packaged in bubble wrap and with foam protection as well, with a box of hardware and installation instructions.

I laid everything out in the garage first, which I am glad I did, as the pictures and the mounting brackets were reversed for the rear mounts, but that's no big deal.

I started with the rear mounts, bolting them to the frame first per the instructions, but come to find that the bolt for the rear control arm gets in the way of the mounting bolt for the side step, so I decide to mount the side step to the bracket before mounting to the Jeep. I balanced the side bar on a cement form tube I had in the garage, which was the perfect solution, just like a second pair of hands!

After that short setback, it was plain sailing from there, bolted everything up on the right side of the Jeep. Over to the drivers side, had a bit more of a problem with the rear mounting bracket, had to adjust it a few times to get it around the bolt for the rear control arm, but finally after a few deep breaths, got it mounted.

Tightened up all the bolts, took off the protective bubble wrap, stood back and admired my work!

I like how it looks on the Jeep - does make me want to get a lift now tho!
The side steps were $100 with $49 shipping, which I thought was an awesome deal and too good to pass up!

Enjoy!

Last edited by CUPRA; 04-04-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Points: 2,634, Level: 31 Points: 2,634, Level: 31 Points: 2,634, Level: 31
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

very nice, good details and tips on the installation. Where did you order them from? The price sounds very reasonable.

2006 Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Black w/Saddle Brown
Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I bought them from a store on eBay called 'Intrigued'. They sell aftermarket parts for many different types of trucks and SUVs.

Their service was awesome, the bars were $100, and then $49 shipping. I had been watching them for a while now, as the bars used to be about $180 with $49 shipping. At this price, I couldn't pass them up.

I'll take some better pictures this weekend and post them up.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Administrator
Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Looks great, Make sure you update your garage when the lighting is better.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:57 PM

Ok, I finally got round to taking some daylight pictures today of the newly installed side steps/nerf bars. The Jeep is a bit dirty, so excuse that... but here are the pics.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Points: 19,213, Level: 87 Points: 19,213, Level: 87 Points: 19,213, Level: 87
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Looks good. I started out with rock rails and Lee wanted more of a step to get into the Commander. I ended up changing to nerf bars similar to the ones that you have. I think you got a much better deal on the price. I think for most of us with kids or a wife it is a more practical solution even it the rock rails might be stronger.
2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away
Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Those look good. I'm thinking about doing the same thing as HueyPilot did, don't need the rock rails anymore and would rather have better steps and rain protection for my passengers.

Going to look at the MOPAR side steps as I like the factory look better.

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 PM

I do like the OEM Mopar ones, that are molded into the fender flares, but I just couldn't justify the almost $500 price tag!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
I do like the OEM Mopar ones, that are molded into the fender flares, but I just couldn't justify the almost $500 price tag!
That's where friends, CL and Ebay come in!

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

Old 11-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40 Points: 4,099, Level: 40
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%

yeah thinking about those rails...as I have the rock rails for good now...i could try to piece a rubber plate or something on them as I can almost use them as steps anyway...but I like the look, just not my cup of tea, GOOD JOB
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4wd Loaded, 2" Daystar spacer lift, rear hitch tow hook, Custom 4" ram air intake, Optima yellowtop battery, semi-custom rock sliders, 245-75-R17 Goodyear Silent Armors, Hidden emergency lights all around (undercover cop look), bug deflector, stick-ons, and MUD occasionally. My Garage
My other ride:
www.ht20fc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods