Secure Console / Lockable Center Console - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Secure Console / Lockable Center Console

I started another thread which has been deleted due to a rules violation (this thread is not for the sales of this item), so I wanted to start a new one just to highlight the item that I had made for my Commander. Others have purchased them as well and you can contact us outside this thread for information but please do not list buy/sell information in this thread as I do not want to have to delete it for rules violations.

This project was 4 months in the making but there is finally a finished production model of the "Secure Console"

As many of you know while attending SEMA this past November I saw many great products for the Commander and talked to many different companies about producing products for the Commander. One product a saw was a lockable storage unit for securing your valuables inside your vehicle. At the current time there was nobody making such a device for the Jeep Commander so I asked one firm about producing such an item for me.

I shipped my spare center console to them and they worked up a product that I feel is a great modification to our current center console, The "Secure Console" as I have named it is not a lockable box like other companies manufacture but is instead a lockable door to attach to our existing center console. The "Secure Console" was custom designed, engineered and manufactured for me by a major safe company right here in the United States.

The "Secure Console" takes less then five minutes to install and provides more then enough security to keep my valuables where I left them. There are no modifications that I needed to make to my Commander and I can remove it at anytime without leaving any indications that it was ever installed (as long as you leave out one step in the install process).

As you can see in the three photos above, this item has been custom made to match the lines of our console and is make of a high quality think steel that has then been powder coated black for a very professional look. The lock has a three number combination that you are able to change as needed. The unit can be left in the unlocked position when you are not storing valuables and with a quick turn of the knob you can lock the top in place.

Here is a quick look at the unit prior to install.

And this is what the back/underside of the unit looks like:

On the underside you can see the tab (to the right as you are looking at it) that slides into the front of the center console to position this unit and hold it in place, you can also see three attached bolts that you attach a backing plate to with the nuts that are provided to prevent the unit from being lifted out by anyone else.

The outer appearance of your center console will not change at all by the installation of the "Secure Console", They only one who will know it is there is me.

You will also notice that the opening is the same size as the current opening so this unit does not take up any of you inside storage space.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.

Garage Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Administrator
Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100 Points: 55,485, Level: 100

The installed unit has a clean professional, high quality look to it which is what you expect when you are installing it in a $40,000 vehicle.

So, How easy is it to install?

The only tools you need are a simple adhesive, I used Loctite but a silicone sealer will work just as well if not better.

The adhesive is placed on the top edge of the center console nearest the passenger seat, three screws hold the drivers side in place but there was no way to attach the passenger side without modifying your console. The adhesive is NOT required and this is what you would skip if you think you might take the "Secure Console" out later.

The three screws are tighten by hand but you can tighten them with a small wrench if you want to.

Once the adhesive is applied if you are using it then you can install the "Secure Console" itself.

Line the unit up with the front edge of your console

Drop the tab in under the front edge

And let the back end drop into place.

If you used a adhesive/sealant then follow those instruction as to applying pressure or resting time before continuing with these instructions.

When you are ready to continue with the install open the lid.

Line up the support brace, it can only go in one direction.

Slide the brace over the three small bolts.

And start to attach the three nuts.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Once all three nuts are in place tighten them up.

That is all there is too it.

Throw your gun, wallet whatever in there and lock the "Secure Console"

Old 06-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Points: 4,845, Level: 44 Points: 4,845, Level: 44 Points: 4,845, Level: 44
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Just curious on the ETA of them. Have the first ones started showing up yet?

Upgrades: DRL's, Rear Handles, Curt Hitch, Steel Suspension Skid Plate, Fogs, Secure Console Cover
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Administrator

I was told 4 to 5 weeks from when they received payment so it should be another 3 weeks.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Cool. I'm just excited.

Upgrades: DRL's, Rear Handles, Curt Hitch, Steel Suspension Skid Plate, Fogs, Secure Console Cover
Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator

UPDATE: I received an e-mail from the manufacturer in which I was told the units should ship to me next week.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Points: 2,700, Level: 31 Points: 2,700, Level: 31 Points: 2,700, Level: 31
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanks again for all your work on this!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Sweetness!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Administrator

UPDATE: I received two boxes today from Las Vegas, The "Secure Console" has been repacked into shipping boxes and will be shipped tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications