Originally Posted by mr.fuzz2u
ok ive noticed every few weeks my mpg is declining. Has anyone else hadthese problems? I was thinking maybe i need a new air filter but what do i know. anyone can give me some pointers, i would be greatly thankful.
Keep up w/ factory maintenance and use mostly OEM parts.
- Replace spark plugs (every 30K for the HEMI)
- Oil change (I use synthetic Mobil1 or Castrol Syntec 5w20 every 6K)
- Flush transmission every 30K
- Flush rear differential every 15K
- Replace air filter every 1yr/15K
- Replace PCV valve
- Remove unnecessary load, trash, etc. from inside.
- Maintain air pressure in tires on decent tread (typically 35psi; I usually go about 2-3 psi above what's labeled, to compensate for temp changes).