Front 1 1/2 "Leveling" Kit - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Points: 7,218, Level: 56 Points: 7,218, Level: 56 Points: 7,218, Level: 56
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Front 1 1/2 "Leveling" Kit

I had always wanted to find a leveling kit to raise the front of the Commander up approx. 1 1/2" so that it gives it a more "level" look and adds some "attitude" to the Commander's overall appearance. Kind of they way I had wished the Commander came from the factory. I wanted to raise the front and not get into an overall lift, spaces, and various other suspension changes and challenges that come with some suspension kits currently being marketed for the Commander.

After several conversations with Robby on this site (who had been working on his own design for this very purpose) I decided to take a look at his design and kit as well as show it to my dealer and their Master Mechanic so I could see the quality/design for myself as well as obtain the dealers feedback. I was very impressed with the quality (It's made from stainless steel) and the professional design of his kit and the dealer stated "it is definitely well made, top quality, and the nicest lift or leveling kit he had seen as related to quality in his 30+ years as a mechanic". After those comments and my own personal opinion I decided Robby's kit was the way to go.

I had my front struts replaced with Bilsteins and the dealer did not re-install the rubber bottoming boots that go over the strut pistons. Since I was going to now have the leveling kit installed I wanted the dealer to correct their error by re-installing the boots as well as the leveling kit. I though we could come up with a fair price so that I had the kit installed and they were able to correct their mistake. Well....Surprise! Surprise! The dealer thought it would be better from a customer service standpoint to take full advantage of me by simply requiring I pay the nearly $400.00 again to have the strut work re-done so that I can have the leveling kit installed and then while my wallet was open again for them they could then fix their mistake.

I was sharing this story with Robby when he told me he was making a road trip and would like to simply come by my home and install the kit himself. Now I was left with a great option. I could go back to the dealer and make them redo all of their work without me having the leveling kit installed and at no cost to me. Then Robby could install the leveling kit later. That would make the dealer eat his loss for his mistake and me feel better knowing that they could not once again take advantage of one of their customers (and they wonder why the have their hat in their hand in front of Congress and the tax payers). Well, anyhow....I would rather not have the Commander's suspension taken apart 2 more times so the dealer could fix their mistake and then so the leveling kit could be installed so I took Robby up on his offer and would let him install the leveling kit and fix the dealer's error by putting the rubber boots back on that they left off.

Robby showed up at my home as promised and installed the leveling kit and rubber stoppers. I have to tell you something here. He said he was on a road trip to visit family but he went nearly 1000 miles out of his way to do this. After finishing the work I could not get over the look and "attitude" adjustment of the Commander and cannot say enough about the quality of the work, the quality of the leveling kit, and the quality of the man (Robby) who did all of this. He is one of those guys you wish were your neighbor and friend. He is not only fun to be around but while you have him over for a beer you could pick his brain about any car issues you may be having knowing you were going to get reliable and useful information.

I did have the Commander aligned after the job so that will be something you will need to take care of.

I will post some pictures when I have a chance to clean the Commander up but I am sure Robby has some of his Commander with the same leveling kit he could post. I am very pleased with this mod and would recommend it to any of you owners out there looking to level the Commander. It is not exactly level but just right and has a slight rake to make it look overall just right in my opinion.

Thanks again to Robby for a job well done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Points: 4,102, Level: 40 Points: 4,102, Level: 40 Points: 4,102, Level: 40
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Good people do good things, in my line of work I am usually dealing with the not so good, so its nice to hear about the people who "do good." Makes me wish I didn't have a lift sitting in my kitchen right now (just a'waitin), so I could get one from Robby.

My hats off to you Robby!
07 Mineral Gray Limited:, 4.7, Daystar Lift, 245/70/17 Wrangler Dura-Tracs, u-connect, some chrome do dads, 20% tint, skids, LED Tails, HIR bulbs, splash guards, aFe intake, magnaflow muffler, RR Supersliders, 4X front and belly guard. "Get Lost" Diff Cover, and UCA's sitting on floor.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Points: 4,828, Level: 44 Points: 4,828, Level: 44 Points: 4,828, Level: 44
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

Nice work Robby... wanna move to Winnipeg, Manitoba and become my neighbour?
2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L V8, QTII, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 Goodyear DuraTrac, 1.5" SpiderTrax spacers, Magnaflow exhaust, HD locking Jeep utility bars, Jeep rubber floor mats/cargo liner, Viper 2-way starter/alarm, Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD, Infinity Kappa Series speakers all around, NGK Iridium plugs... "Go Fast" stickers.

Commander4Lyfe's Garage
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9530
Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Points: 11,973, Level: 71 Points: 11,973, Level: 71 Points: 11,973, Level: 71
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Very nice. Always good to hear stories like this. Pics when you can!

FORMER Commander Owner, hangin' out for the shenanigans

Click here for pics and information
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Points: 21,254, Level: 91 Points: 21,254, Level: 91 Points: 21,254, Level: 91
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

That really shows how good his products are ,,,,

I'm really out of words about what Robby did to save you money and give you the best service ! he drove 1000 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,,, he is really a good man, and I'm really glad to have him here, he is the one I always tell about when I describe how this forum is good comparing to others.

He wrote a thread about his products today, but unfortunately it was deleted !!!! and couldn't understand why !!,,, he is doing alot for this forum !!
OME 2" Lift kit, Mastercraft Courser A/T 265/65/17 tires, Air-Lift rear bags

First Jeep Commander,
2007 XH (International model), Light Graystone Pearl, Sport , 4.7L Quadra-Trac II.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Points: 47,091, Level: 100 Points: 47,091, Level: 100 Points: 47,091, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
He wrote a thread about his products today, but unfortunately it was deleted !!!! and couldn't understand why !!,,, he is doing alot for this forum !!
Yeah, I wonder why it was deleted ? After all GetLost was selling his stuff here before he became a site sponsor. How about it, 49er ?
Camera, Chrome Wheels, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled

Last edited by jeep5253; 12-08-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Points: 55,153, Level: 100 Points: 55,153, Level: 100 Points: 55,153, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
Yeah, I wonder why it was deleted ? After all GetLost was selling his stuff here before he became a site sponsor. How about it, 49er ?
That is an issue for the Admins, mods have no function when it comes to vendors.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.

Garage Thread
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

Well gosh gang....(digging hole in dirt with toe)
Commander Ron was in a bind, and I thought I'd take advantage of the situation to get the leveling kit out there.
I got to travel some beatiful country.
I got a chance to meet a fellow enthusiast.
I got a opportunity to strut my stuff i.e. install my leveling kit and help someone out.
And I add another friend I've made to a really big book of friends.
I'm glad your pleased Ron, but I had a good experience too, meeting your family and all.
Thanks for the atta boy though.

As far as the deleted post..... I P.M.'d the administrator for a clarification, but have not heard back.

To those who have an interest, just P.M. me for now.

To those with just questions, I guess it's fine to ask on the forum.

Thanks for all the nice words gang.
I learned long ago...It's simply nice to be nice.

Rob
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

Hey Robby, If you decide to take a road trip to Texas, you can bring one of your kits to Dallas. I tried to have my Commander leveled and I was told a true leveling kit did not exist, I had to lift mine in the front and rear. Kudos for being a guy's guy. Not many left.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Points: 4,497, Level: 42 Points: 4,497, Level: 42 Points: 4,497, Level: 42
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

Has anyone noticed if an extra 1/2" or 1" spacer will help the rubbing with 265x70R17 on turns?

-Rob

Had 265x70R17 Firestone Destination MT. ATs are better for Daily Driving.

Also...
'08 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited... Commander is taller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts