MyGIG music download issue...... - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Jeep Commander Jeep Commander Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

» Sponsor Links
Go Back   Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

JeepCommander.com is the premier Jeep Commander Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Points: 172, Level: 3 Points: 172, Level: 3 Points: 172, Level: 3
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MyGIG music download issue......

I have the MyGIG in my 2008 Jeep Commander. I cannot import any music files from my ipod. When I plug in the USB Port, the screen on MyGIG says there are no downloadable files on this device. What is going on? I have been researching the web a little and did notice there are many issues out there with the MyGIG system so I do not know if this is an isolated situation or I am doing something wrong. Thanks......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Points: 897, Level: 15 Points: 897, Level: 15 Points: 897, Level: 15
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%

A lot of good info in re:MyGig at this site. I'm a member there and you can obtain your software updates as well.

http://mofv.com/mygig/
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Points: 6,361, Level: 52 Points: 6,361, Level: 52 Points: 6,361, Level: 52
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope 24 View Post
I cannot import any music files from my ipod. When I plug in the USB Port, the screen on MyGIG says there are no downloadable files on this device. What is going on?
Apple actually makes it so that you CANNOT download music files from your iPod, to prevent music sharing. The best way to get music in there would probably be to burn your itunes music library to a CD/DVD from the 'itunes music' folder. You should then be able to import them from there. (However I have a REC system and not MyGig - so no 'import to MyGig' experience).

Another way (if you have an iPod Touch/iPhone) is to install an app called 'Air Sharing' this allows you to use the iPod/iPhone as a 'hard drive'. You can transfer music files that way (but not the music currently in your iPod).

I hope that made some sense!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope 24 View Post
I have the MyGIG in my 2008 Jeep Commander. I cannot import any music files from my ipod. When I plug in the USB Port, the screen on MyGIG says there are no downloadable files on this device. What is going on? I have been researching the web a little and did notice there are many issues out there with the MyGIG system so I do not know if this is an isolated situation or I am doing something wrong. Thanks......
After reading my 2009 Chrysler 300C Manual (regarding MyGig), I knew that I could only download songs (to my car) that were either ".mp3" -or- ".wav" Formats. I loaded 1200+ ".mp3" cuts into my iPod. However, when the USB Connector from the iPod to the USB Port in the 300C...I immediately got the message: INVALID USB DEVICE DETECTED.

Nothing I could do would solve this. THUS...I could not download ANY music.

I spent hours on the phone with Apple Tech Support and with Chrysler. Apple suggested that I get a different iPod and try again. Before I tried to exchange my new iPod, I called Chrysler to simply determine if MyGig required use of an iPod that was formatted for a PC. I never got that question answered!!!

With Apple & Chrysler unable to explain why I had this problem...I WAS LEFT WITH NO ALTERNATIVE...SO I FIGURED IT OUT...MYSELF!!!

I drove to a friend's house and plugged in my iPod into his PC (which had iTunes installed). That created a message that my iPod was formatted for an Apple Operation System and that it needed to be reformatted for a PC by means of the RESTORE feature in the iTunes Window on the PC. I did that!

I then took the iPod to my 300C and plugged it in. The "INVALID USB DEVICE DETECTED" Message DID NOT APPEAR!

Then, I went back in and copied one ".mp3" song from my friend's PC (iTunes) and went back to my 300C. That song was downloaded without any problem!

The big test occurred upon returning home. I plugged my iPod into my INTEL iMAC. I got NO MESSAGE about the PC Format that I had changed to. SO...I "dragged & dropped" 5 ".mp3" songs into the iPod Icon shown in my MAC iTunes Window. All 5 copied immediately. No problem!

THEN...I took my iPod to my 300C, jacked it into the dash mounted USB Port -AND- all 5 ".mp3" songs downloaded without any problem!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Points: 46,971, Level: 100 Points: 46,971, Level: 100 Points: 46,971, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

I'm thinking this thread belongs in the Electronics/NAV section.
Camera, Chrome Wheels, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator
Points: 55,153, Level: 100 Points: 55,153, Level: 100 Points: 55,153, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
I'm thinking this thread belongs in the Electronics/NAV section.
Moved to proper section.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Just use your ipod as a hard drive and put all the songs in there and transfer it to your MyGIG. That's what I do to transfer songs from my ipod to MyGIG.
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion