Rear screen cchanging SAT channels? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rear screen cchanging SAT channels?

I have a 2010 Commander with the RER NAV radio and rear screen. I have been trying to find a way to change the sirius sat radio stations from the rear remote and all it ever says on the rear screen is 'updating channels' and the 'direct tune' button is blacked out. I get the sat audio fine, but even if the front is playing a CD, ipod etc you cannot change the sirius radio channels from the rear. I can do everything else from the rear remote, HDD, AM, FM etc, but on sat its said 'updating channels' for two weeks now.

The manuals for this are all on DVD (I kinda miss a paper book) and I cant find anything that mentions anything about it. Here is a pic of what it displays, if I turn the front unit off or put it in a different mode the little 's' with the arrows under it on the upper RH side goes away but nothing else changes.

Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something and its not that big of a deal, just annoying..

2010 Limited Hemi 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
I don't know if anyone here can help you with that because I think you are the first here with a 2010.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

On a side note, Jeep says printed owners manuals are available by request.
They did not indicate if there would be a charge.

Like you, I'd rather sit with the manual on my lap in the vehicle and sort out the features.

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
I don't know if anyone here can help you with that because I think you are the first here with a 2010.
I didnt know if they changed anything from the '08s or '09s on the radios. I wouldnt have even noticed it except one of my kids was in the back and mentioned he couldnt change the sirius channels. Dealer didnt have a clue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby View Post
On a side note, Jeep says printed owners manuals are available by request.
They did not indicate if there would be a charge.

Like you, I'd rather sit with the manual on my lap in the vehicle and sort out the features.

Rob
Most likely the printed manual wont help either, I finally found the directions in the separate uconnect manual on the DVD, it just says if the front radio isnt on sat you should be able to control it and see the sat channel numbers from the rear.

Its not that big of a deal, just this radio/dvd/nav can be a little overwhelming. It will play the sat radio through the headphones, just cant see or what channels or control it from the rear.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

FWIW disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes fixed it, dealer claimed they tried that but obviously not.

2010 Limited Hemi 4x4
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Points: 6,355, Level: 52 Points: 6,355, Level: 52 Points: 6,355, Level: 52
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

thats sweet...you can do AM/FM [B]AND[B] Sirius in the rear at the same time. I have an 07...can only do one for both headsets. But hey...I still think the "old school" system is pretty cool in the 07s.

2007 Overland, HEMI 4x4, QD II, rear DVD, Light Greystone Pearl, Wrangler SilentArmor 245/65R17

2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, HEMI 4x2
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Overland View Post
thats sweet...you can do AM/FM [b]AND[b] Sirius in the rear at the same time. I have an 07...can only do one for both headsets. But hey...I still think the "old school" system is pretty cool in the 07s.
You can listen any of the front modes separately on the rear. You can control them as well as long as the front unit isnt controlling it. Its a pretty nice system really, the sat TV is pretty cool as well but only three kid channels kind of limits it a bit - but the kids like it.

I just wish the NAV maps were a little more up to date for something in a 2010 car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in