No voice turn by turn? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

No voice turn by turn?

Just bought an 06 Grand Cherokee Limited and when I program an address and I have also selected voice turn by turn.....there is no voice......Is my 06 disc too old or not working? No manual came with my rec nav system of course......any help is greatly appreciated...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
You can set the volume of the voice, Maybe yours is set too low to hear. Use the menu on your nav to raise the level.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Points: 16,279, Level: 81 Points: 16,279, Level: 81 Points: 16,279, Level: 81
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 165,000
If you can program in an address and it guides you there without the voice it is probably the volume as suggested.

Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Not to high jack this thread, but yes I did get a $500.00 rebate when I bought my XK, my salesman was a retired WO

Last edited by Creek; 05-25-2010 at 07:24 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
If you can program in an address and it guides you there without the voice it is probably the volume as suggested.

Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Not to high jack this thread, but yes I did get a $500.00 rebate when I bought my XK, my salesman was a retired WO
I agree that it is a volume issue, and I got my rebate ($500.00 off)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

I'm thinking that you can also select tone only or voice and tone or silent. I have mine set up for just a tone now but I have used the voice in the past.

2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s , Rola Roof Rack, diy built spare tire mount for the roof rack.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

When you set a destination and it "should" be talking and your radio is on, does the radio volume drop to a lower volume for a few seconds? or does the little "mute" icon appear in the nav screen?
If there's no drop in volume and no mute icon appearing its most likely set to silent in the nav settings.
If you hear the radio volume drop, or see the mute icon quickly turn the volume knob up a bit, which should turn up "her" voice. When it switches from radio to the "voice over", the volume control will switch to adjusting the "voice over" volume setting.

I put that down as my #2 annoying volume issue with the nav lol, nothing like going to turn the radio up a little then "she's" talks and just about blows the speakers, then having to wait on the edge of the seat till the next time she talks to turn her down again...
That falls right behind the time my son somehow switched the u-connect into Spanish mode... the fix was too easy in the end, but the couple of days it took me to figure it out were interesting lol...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stone White '06 Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi
  • Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
  • Michelin LTX AT2 245/75R17

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in