Sirius Radio Stuck 2007 Commander w Navi - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Sirius Radio Stuck 2007 Commander w Navi

Does anyone know for sure where the antenna is located for Sirius on a 2007 Commander ? Is it anywhere near the windshield ?

I had the windshield replaced before I took delivery of a 2007 and the Sirius keeps reading NO RECEPTION and stuck on channel 184.

I wanted to know if it was related. In either case, we are going back to the dealer tommorow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Its in the back on the roof trying to get ya a picture

after thought: I think you have to get the system activated. I bought mine used as well and it don't work but I never signed up for the service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SAL-XK; 06-08-2010 at 08:31 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Sirius Stuck on 184 NO SIGNAL ERROR

Sirius says it is supposed to work on 184 without service. Does anyone know if the windshield could have caused it some way ? Is the Sirius supposed to read CH 184 NO SIGNAL and remain stuck ?

Thank you for the picture of the antenna location.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithun View Post
Sirius says it is supposed to work on 184 without service. Does anyone know if the windshield could have caused it some way ? Is the Sirius supposed to read CH 184 NO SIGNAL and remain stuck ?

Thank you for the picture of the antenna location.
I was looking at the cable routing and stuff from the antenna. the receiver is in the back passenger side behind the panel. I could not see where the windshield comes into play with the system. Make sure your roof rack cross members are not in the way over the antenna. It needs to be clear of obstruction and have a clear view of the sky. I can't test that channel for you because mine is covered by my roof basket.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Points: 409, Level: 8 Points: 409, Level: 8 Points: 409, Level: 8
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

When I got my 2006, it was the same way. I read on here that for some reason or another these radios do not broadcast the channel (184). I had the life time subscription and it took a couple of hours after I called and had it transferred over before it works. No problems after that. I had to find on here how to get the radio number to do the transfer, the customerless service from Sirius didn't know how to get it and said there must be a problem with the radio. But thanks to the great resources here was able to get it working.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Smile Ch. 184 No Signal Error is common for open Sirius radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdkE View Post
When I got my 2006, it was the same way. I read on here that for some reason or another these radios do not broadcast the channel (184). I had the life time subscription and it took a couple of hours after I called and had it transferred over before it works. No problems after that. I had to find on here how to get the radio number to do the transfer, the customerless service from Sirius didn't know how to get it and said there must be a problem with the radio. But thanks to the great resources here was able to get it working.
Thank you all, it turned out this no signal error is common on other cars too. It simply turned out the account needed activation to energize.

The Sirius reps are wrong ,the radio was working. It just needed activation from Sirius just like many posters here stated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in