Oil change advertisement reset - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Oil change advertisement reset

Hi!
I have a 2009 Commander 3.7L
Anyone knows how to reset the advertisement for oil change? can i do that myself or only the dealer can reset that with his computer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

mine resets threw the nav system under vehicle maintenance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned
Points: 9,803, Level: 66 Points: 9,803, Level: 66 Points: 9,803, Level: 66
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

To reset it in the EVIC, you should only have to hold the reset button down for a few seconds...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

Are you referring to the advertisment on the nav or the dash evic?

On the nav its a selection under the vehicle maintenance tab, and those notices only appear on the nav screen.

On the evic if your getting the "perform service" message, if you step through the screens until it says "miles until service 0" or some text to that effect, press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds and it will reset to what you have configured under "service interval" in the EVIC setup. If you change the service interval in the evic setup a option also appears at that time to reset the service distance, but only during that setup session. (page 197 of the manual)
With the reset button, another thing I found was that if you hold it for more than 3 seconds on any screen other than the "miles to service" screen all the displays are reset to 0. (page 196)

Stone White '06 Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi
  • Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
  • Michelin LTX AT2 245/75R17

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2 Points: 135, Level: 2

thanks! its thru the evic.. dont have the nav system....
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundDoc View Post
Are you referring to the advertisment on the nav or the dash evic?

On the nav its a selection under the vehicle maintenance tab, and those notices only appear on the nav screen.

On the evic if your getting the "perform service" message, if you step through the screens until it says "miles until service 0" or some text to that effect, press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds and it will reset to what you have configured under "service interval" in the EVIC setup. If you change the service interval in the evic setup a option also appears at that time to reset the service distance, but only during that setup session. (page 197 of the manual)
With the reset button, another thing I found was that if you hold it for more than 3 seconds on any screen other than the "miles to service" screen all the displays are reset to 0. (page 196)
That method will not work on 2008 and up models. Here is the procedure for the 2008 and up Commanders:

Engine Oil Change Indicator System

Oil Change Required
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change
indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message
will flash in the EVIC display for approximately 10
seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the
next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change
indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the
engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon
your personal driving style.
Unless reset, this message will continue to display each
time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN
position. To turn off the message temporarily, press and
release the MENU button. To reset the oil change indicator
system (after performing the scheduled maintenance)
refer to the following procedure.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not
start the engine).

2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times
within 10 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you
start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not
reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Last edited by jeep5253; 06-16-2010 at 04:12 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%

Wow Jeep5253, you should've just copied and pasted what you had already posted in that thread, the rest of the thread makes you look like a jerk. You're quick to correct people and it seems like you always have to be right so you must be perfect.

Anyways... I too have a 2008 and the 3 depressions of the accelerator did not work for me even after a few attempts. According to my manual that is how you reset it, at least for my XK. After I took it in for an oil change they were able to reset it somehow. If the depression of the accelerator didn't work I wonder what did? Maybe it's how much or how fast you depress the accelerator?

2008 Commander Limited 5.7L HEMI QDII
Mods: AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI, OME HD Lift w/OME Shocks and Struts, Goodyear Wrangler All Terrains w/Kevlar 255/70R17, JBA Gen 6.7 Upper Control Arms, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Magnaflow cat-back system, Custom Retrofit HID Projectors, LED Conversion Kit for Fog Lights, Rigid Industries D2 LED Driving Lights

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks. I'm new to the forum... I just bought my 2010 Jeep commander a couple of weeks back but the oil change light came on 2 days ago. Changed the oil last night but couldn't figure out how to reset the indicator. The 3 pedal depress worked on the first try. I hope this commander lasts as long as the 99 Cherokee 4.0L it just replaced... 200k on the odometer and still going strong. Gave it to my parents... Runs great, and no rust after 12 years in the great white north. Again, thanks for helping me solve my problem... I didn't get an owners manual with my Commander.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar View Post
Just wanted to say thanks. I'm new to the forum... I just bought my 2010 Jeep commander a couple of weeks back but the oil change light came on 2 days ago. Changed the oil last night but couldn't figure out how to reset the indicator. The 3 pedal depress worked on the first try. I hope this commander lasts as long as the 99 Cherokee 4.0L it just replaced... 200k on the odometer and still going strong. Gave it to my parents... Runs great, and no rust after 12 years in the great white north. Again, thanks for helping me solve my problem... I didn't get an owners manual with my Commander.
You can download an Owner's Manual for free here---> http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar View Post
Did your Commander come with a CD-ROM? The owner's manual is on that. I thought I didn't have one either and found it on there after I had already downloaded one. Good luck!

2010 Jeep Commander 4x4 Sport 3.7L: Stock
Future Mods: CAI, Exhaust, Sport Utility roof bars, chrome grab handles

2006 F-150 5.4L XLT Supercrew: Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in