Factory amp bad? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,311, Level: 20 Points: 1,311, Level: 20 Points: 1,311, Level: 20
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Factory amp bad?

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while, the ones in the doors quit working and the ones on top of the dash still work... I found out that the factory amp has two pins and all the door speakers are on a different pin than everything else. My dash speakers work fine and they are on the opposite pin than the door speakers... So i spliced all the door speaker wires and used an aftermarket amp to power them and everything works perfect... to me it sounds like that the factory amp went out on that side or something... I really dont know much about the jeeps electronics and I was hoping to get a better answer... but i'm pretty sure that my factory amp is just bad now.. even tho the other pin/connector works fine??

Also if anyone knows what the part number is for the factory amp or where I can get one beside a dodge dealership let me know. O yeah I its a jeep commander limited with the boston acoustics speakers. Thanks guys...

2006 Jeep Commander, Limited 5.7, Saddle Brown Leather, Fully loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

i have the same problem.....how did you run the new stuff
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Points: 2,792, Level: 32 Points: 2,792, Level: 32 Points: 2,792, Level: 32

I had mine done when I got it used. (on the dealer coin) I tried to find an alternative to getting the Boston Acustics Amp from the dealership, but they have a pretty tight hold on this product. An aftermarket amp has a different connectivity to the speakers, so you would have to replace those as well. Ultimate electronics quoted me $600 for a new setup. Wholesale price to pick up the BA amp form the dealership was $187.00 and it cost an hour of labor to have a local shop put it in. The BA amp is under the 3rd row, and I guess a decent amount of work to get to. Hope this helps, it is sure nice when all the speakers are working again though.

2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Muds, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front Guard & Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Bilstein 5150 Rear shocks, Robby's front leveling spacer, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Points: 2,792, Level: 32 Points: 2,792, Level: 32 Points: 2,792, Level: 32

Also they told me the dash speakers worked because there is a small amp in the head unit that has enough power to run those two.

2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Muds, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front Guard & Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Bilstein 5150 Rear shocks, Robby's front leveling spacer, Pinch weld mod and trimming!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14 Points: 708, Level: 14
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

Had the same problem when I bought my 06 Commander except it was my dash speakers that were out. Just like you my speakers worked fine. So I replaced the amp with a used one that I got on ebay and everything has worked fine since. Look here for the amp part numbers. http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_radios.htm#SPKRS

There are two amps on ebay right now that will work for you.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

I just went to a Stereo place and had a new amp put in and it sounds great!!! No issues with the stock speaker only 300 dollars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in