Audio Upgrade Options in 2006 Jeep Commander - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Audio Upgrade Options in 2006 Jeep Commander

I recently purchased the 2006 Commnader that houses a basic Stereo w/ AM/FM 6 disc MP3 options. It is NOT a satellite ready radio, and Does not have upgraded Sound package (Boston or Infinity). I would like to replace the radio w/ one that had:
1. Auxillary Audio in component for my Ipod
2. Satellite ready
3. Bonus if it were Blue tooth ready (hands free function w/ sound through car speakers)
4. Bonus if it worked w/ sterring wheel controls

Do you know of good solution to incorpoprate above without many visible wires, and without destroying the look of my existing dash?
  • Can you use later year Jeep radios - or does it HAVE to be 2006?
  • Can you pull 2006 Chrysler radio out of another car and place in Jeep? (ie. friend has 2006 Chrysler 500 w/ same shape radio which solves issue of messing up dash that is satellite ready and has auxillary) - If so, where do you get these?
I do not necessarily need Navigation OR DVD in radio

I am trying to avoid a small after market radio that never looks right installed due to materials used to modify hole OR keeping the existing radio w/ lots of cords and extra equipment setting around my dash for satellite; i-pod and bluetooth! If you have any suggestions/experience I would love to hear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Your radio is satellite ready. The sirius receiver unit resides under the step plate for the third seat on the passenger side. You would need to purchase the sirius head unit which comes with the roof antenna. The antenna mounts on the center of the roof, about a foot back from the hatch opening. You would also need to purchase the installation kit for the Commander. This harness runs from the sirius receiver and plugs directly into the back of your radio and you use the Mode button on the left side of the radio to control the sirius radio. No visible wires! All 06 Mopar radios will be like this. I believe in 08 the sirius receiver was integrated into the radio, but these radios will not fit the dash opening in an 06 or 07 without modification. Have fun out there!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...t=10582&page=2

Doesn't utilize the steering wheel controls, but it has been a great stereo.

06 QT1, RC 2" Lift, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, 275/60/17 Hankook Ventus RH06 Tires, 20% Front Window Tint, Tinted Taillights and Front Turn Signals, DDM 6K HID lights, E&G Classics Grille, Debadged front, 1948 Studebaker 'Commander' Emblem Rear, Canvas/Slate Katzkin's Leather, Heated Front and Second Row Seats, CH-4100 4.5" DVD/NAV/iPod Headunit, 9" TView Rear Flip-Down Monitor, Accelvision RVC1100 Back-up Camera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kansas1230; 09-12-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/13856-audio-upgrade-options-2006-jeep-commander.html
Posted By For Type Date
2006 Jeep Commander Stereo Problems - AE Autos This thread Refback 04-21-2016 12:09 PM