User Defined POI (Points of Interest) on Satnav - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

User Defined POI (Points of Interest) on Satnav

I think the answer is no... but I will ask...

Is there any way of adding user defined Points of Interest (POI) to the SatNav?

I am guessing it would mean dumping the DVD, amending something then recutting it. I cannot find anything on the internet.

In Europe, there are a large number of speed/revenue cameras (sorry "safety" cameras.) Also I will be converting to LPG and so I need to know where the LPG stations are located.

All this POI information is available for download from the internet. However, my only current solution is to buy an aftermarket SatNav for GBP 300 and update that.

Yes I know... two SatNAvs in the car , but the factory one is not much use to me - it does not come with "Eastern" (we are actually in Central Europe), and NavTec will not supply the maps direct - it is up to DC to supply, and that will probably cost a few hundred dollars anyway, if and when DC even get around to releasing an update.

Pieter
Budapest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%

Re: User Defined POI (Points of Interest) on Satnav

You can add locations to a list of places but as far as points on the map I don't think so.

I am guessing that Navteq doesn't release updates directly to you because they don't want to deal with other currencies. However they supposedly update their discs once a year. However once those updates come out they are about a year old so if you live in an area that is undergoing rapid development some things may be incorrect or missing.

2007 Jeep Commander Limited, 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 1955 Willys Jeep Pickup (Restoration Project), 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Points: 3,112, Level: 34 Points: 3,112, Level: 34 Points: 3,112, Level: 34
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

Re: User Defined POI (Points of Interest) on Satnav

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzah
I think the answer is no... but I will ask...

Is there any way of adding user defined Points of Interest (POI) to the SatNav?

I am guessing it would mean dumping the DVD, amending something then recutting it. I cannot find anything on the internet.

In Europe, there are a large number of speed/revenue cameras (sorry "safety" cameras.) Also I will be converting to LPG and so I need to know where the LPG stations are located.

All this POI information is available for download from the internet. However, my only current solution is to buy an aftermarket SatNav for GBP 300 and update that.

Yes I know... two SatNAvs in the car , but the factory one is not much use to me - it does not come with "Eastern" (we are actually in Central Europe), and NavTec will not supply the maps direct - it is up to DC to supply, and that will probably cost a few hundred dollars anyway, if and when DC even get around to releasing an update.

Pieter
Budapest
Good luck on marking the cameras. I tried that on another nav system and they still sending me tickets Word had it that they are somehow installing these cameras in the gaurd rail now. Or slowly switching to that.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Hi Hazzah,
do you solved your problem?
I want to convert to lpg, too and need the poi´s of the lpg-station on the map.
thx
Matthias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in