Please help with upgrading my stock radio '07 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Points: 658, Level: 13 Points: 658, Level: 13 Points: 658, Level: 13
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Please help with upgrading my stock radio '07

Ok I've been reading through threads and some of it is getting too technical for me.

So, please help in layman's terms lol.

I've got an 07 stock. See my garage link for pics.

Must:
Navi in motion
Touch Screen
Will work with my Ipod or has a way for me to transfer music from my comp to the HD.

Would like:
Sirius sat capability
Bluetooth

I have the OEM flip down DVD player in the back (again pics in my garage thread). It works with the IR headsets so it doesn't currently interact with my in dash radio. So, the new one doesn't have to have DVD capabilities.

I would like it be something hubby can install when he gets back for under $1000.
I don't want a cheap looking aftermarket look going.
It can be aftermarket if it fits well.

I've looked at the 07 NAVI OEM but it doesn't have touch screen?

Putting in the MyGig seems like a lot of work and how will that affect my DVD player?

I saw this from Kansas' post:
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10582
But the link isn't working anymore.

Thanks!

2007 XK Red Rock Crystal Pearl w/ 4.7 V8 Flex Fuel
My Garage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: DVD, Chrome grab handles, XM Onyx Sat, Platinum Plugs, K&N Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Try Crutchfield or Best Buy. Crutchfield has good tools you can use online for installation. The probem you may run into is the dash for the double din radio. This is sore point for several people.They are not easy to come by, or so it seams.

The opening for the radio is the "din" if you will. The single din for the stock radio and the double din for the Nav head units.

It isnt hard, but it is time consuming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Benjamin Davis Pirtle
1990-2015
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Bummer that link is dead, but I've seen the same unit available on Google Shopping or ebay occasionally. To date it's been a great radio- one of my favorite mods, especially for the money. If you find one or have questions about the system let me know.

06 QT1, RC 2" Lift, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, 275/60/17 Hankook Ventus RH06 Tires, 20% Front Window Tint, Tinted Taillights and Front Turn Signals, DDM 6K HID lights, E&G Classics Grille, Debadged front, 1948 Studebaker 'Commander' Emblem Rear, Canvas/Slate Katzkin's Leather, Heated Front and Second Row Seats, CH-4100 4.5" DVD/NAV/iPod Headunit, 9" TView Rear Flip-Down Monitor, Accelvision RVC1100 Back-up Camera

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in