Help Double din questions! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Points: 450, Level: 8 Points: 450, Level: 8 Points: 450, Level: 8
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Help Double din questions!

whatsup guys, Ive been creeping around these forums for quite some time, but i just made an account because I was perplexed on this issue, so i thought I would pitch it to you guys...
I realize that you need the double din dash for the in dash nav..but I cant find any for sale, or the freaking part number...and Ive searched extensively for this number for like 3 days straight haha

my truck is the 06 commander, with the upgraded sound system with the single din or whatever it is...and if you guys could be ever so kind and help me either find one on ebay(because i cant) or the part number for the whole double din dash(all the parts) that I could tell my local jeep dealer...that would be greatly appreciated and Ill send you all cookies.

thanks!

Mike

oh p.s. what would dealership cost be?

double P.s.- off topic, would an 06 cherokee multi function switch fit my truck? Im looking to put fog lights on and want them on the stalk rather than have a button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

I purchased the double DIN dash a few years ago from a Jeep dealer in the NE. I believe cost was around $110 incl. shipping. I tried looking but cannot find the exact dealer I used.

Check out a site such as justforjeeps.com for fog light stalk controls. You will need to get this flashed by the dealer as well to make it functional.

07 Jeep Commander 4.7L FFV 4X4, 4" Superlift, BFG 285/70/17 KM2's, 4xGuard Front / Belly / Side /Diff Guards, CAI / Catback, Jet Stage 1 Chip

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 1 Supercharged, Staggared Wheels, Koni/Dinan Suspension, Stebro Exhaust
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Are you going for a Jeep nav radio or after market? If after market, Crutchfield has a double din adapter. Take your dash face plate off - the whole thing - the allen bolts are real. All but 5 hold it on. You will see an outline on the back, where you need to cut it out. If you are going for a Jeep radio, then you will need to purchase the whole dash face plate. The dealer can get the part number for you.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Points: 450, Level: 8 Points: 450, Level: 8 Points: 450, Level: 8
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

you guys rule...thanks so much Im getting the pioneer 4200..its the 7 inch...but i have the single din right now...i don't think it will fit with the adapter will it? wont I need the whole dash bezel?...and thanks stroke ill check it out!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by emozoo View Post
you guys rule...thanks so much Im getting the pioneer 4200..its the 7 inch...but i have the single din right now...i don't think it will fit with the adapter will it? wont I need the whole dash bezel?...and thanks stroke ill check it out!
If this Pioneer is a double din, it should fit with the Crutchfield adapter. Those guys are really helpful - they can also set you up with all of the harnesses to make the installation plug and play! Good luck, and pictures when you are done.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Crutchfield Bezel.

07 Jeep Commander 4.7L FFV 4X4, 4" Superlift, BFG 285/70/17 KM2's, 4xGuard Front / Belly / Side /Diff Guards, CAI / Catback, Jet Stage 1 Chip

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 1 Supercharged, Staggared Wheels, Koni/Dinan Suspension, Stebro Exhaust
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Points: 846, Level: 15 Points: 846, Level: 15 Points: 846, Level: 15
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by emozoo View Post
That's the same radio I got and should be putting in tonight or tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Limited Hemi Commander QD-II

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in