CD Player Stuck in DVD Mode - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

CD Player Stuck in DVD Mode

Hello All,

I just bought my first Jeep. 2008 Commander and I LOVE it! Only issue is that on the way home from the dealership, I noticed that the stock 6 disc CD changer would not read CDs. Whenever I try to load a disc it says "DVD" in the lower left hand corner and then says "ERROR" and spits the CD back out. I'm not sure why it says DVD as there is no DVD screen. I have called the dealership and they are planning on fixing it for me, but they are over an hour away. I'd like to try to fix it myself (and save everyone time) before my appointment on Sunday. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Read through the Owner's manual, see if it details anything that would explain this.

Are you sure a DVD is NOT still in the loader? See if you can eject any DVD/CD still left in the loader.

If you have the steering wheel controls, try to change modes with the steering wheel control. After putting in my Hands Free Kit, a couple of times my disc/aux mode button wouldn't change modes, I used the steering wheel button and it changed, and it hasn't happen since then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in