Loss of Harddrive with install of new battery - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Loss of Harddrive with install of new battery

New to forum - looking for information regarding anyone knowing if the install of a new battery would wipe out all music stored in audio harddrive and also the capability of future downloading to harddrive. Battery went dead, got a jump, went directly to the dealer, listening to tunes on HHD on the way. New battery is installed, start the car and the harddrive on the radio is wiped out with no capacity to download at all now. Dealer says my harddrive went bad the same time the battery went bad. I say non-sense - I was listening to HHD when I drove in. This is the biggest coinicidence ever if true. Anyone know of a reset, or what might have happened in the bowels of the shop to wipe out my music and future downloading? Any fixes? 2008 w/Bose/NAV system. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Welcome to the forum youll love it
as far as your problem im not sure of the solution but someone will chime in soon probably the detective jeep 5253

2006 jeep commander many mods.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,229, Level: 100 Points: 59,229, Level: 100 Points: 59,229, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
As far as I know nobody else here has had your problem. But it might be a possibility that there was some sort of power surge that damaged your unit when they changed the battery. Just a guess, I really don't know.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Points: 12,698, Level: 73 Points: 12,698, Level: 73 Points: 12,698, Level: 73
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I had my hard drive crash about a month ago. I think they actually replace the whole unit but it was under warranty. That is terrible. I think if it weren't under warranty I would take mine apart and see if it is a 2.5" HDD (the most likely kind). They are very common for laptops. I am wondering if the 100 deg weather throughout the country could be increasing the failure incidence. Just speculation.

Mine wiped out music, the GPS database, etc. I am wondering if the 100 deg weather throughout the country could be increasing the failure incidence. Just speculation.

IndyMTB
---------------------------------
2010 Jeep Commander Limited/QDII,RC 2" Lift 255/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Adventure AT
JBA UCAs, Bilstein front, Sensa-Trac F-150 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in