Pioneer AVIC Z130BT and Commander (new to forum) - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pioneer AVIC Z130BT and Commander (new to forum)

Alright. I'm new to the forum. Just bought an 07 Commander Sport. Have the plain 6 disc cd changer from the factory. Want to put in an in-dash nav. Heard good things about the Pioneer z130BT. Called Crutchfield and the lady told me that the deck was too shallow and would not work unless I rigged it somehow. Have no problem with this just wondering if anyone else has tried it? Thanks in advance for help.

OH and i searched the forum pretty thoroughly, didn't see what i was looking for...

Last edited by jbpk11; 10-10-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: eh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Points: 6,137, Level: 50 Points: 6,137, Level: 50 Points: 6,137, Level: 50
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

what year commander? The 2006-2007 have 1 1/2 DIN dash openings which will not fit a double din unit. You can convert it by purchasing a dash kit. Morris 4X4 sells OEM look ones which will match the color of your dash. If you don't care about the dash you can get a dash kit on eBay for <$15. The kis on morris 4x4 is here: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/bezel-c...eh75xdvae.html

Pretty pricey at $199 but will look good.

As far as the depth i've read numerous threads about people installing aftermarket in dash navi without any depth problems. Have you pulled out the factory radio to see what you're working with? It's a big hole and I find it hard to believe you'd have problems there.

I mentioned in another post a website with in-dash units that are not name brand but still seem.....higherrr quality? www.amazplus.com their units are $150-$400 and it has everything that pioneer system would have except the brand name. Let me know how it goes since i'm considering this mod also.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpk11 View Post
Alright. I'm new to the forum. Just bought an 07 Commander Sport. Have the plain 6 disc cd changer from the factory. Want to put in an in-dash nav. Heard good things about the Pioneer z130BT. Called Crutchfield and the lady told me that the deck was too shallow and would not work unless I rigged it somehow. Have no problem with this just wondering if anyone else has tried it? Thanks in advance for help.

OH and i searched the forum pretty thoroughly, didn't see what i was looking for...
-- JBPk11
2006 Commander Limited
I just had my 6 dsc Sat radio replaced with a Pioneer 3200bt I ordeted a bezel from my Jeep dealership and the cost of the Bezel was $200 they were really shocked that the price had jumped that high because they use to be $100 or less. Now the only issue i'm having with my new Pioneer system I have the Boston AC system and my sound qaulity is not as great as it use to be and I nolonger get the pause of the music when I use the rear assist. I'm no pro at any of this so i don't know if Wee Bee Audio installed something incorrectly or if i need a different harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Tags
navigation , pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in