Subs Recommendation/ info - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Subs Recommendation/ info

I have a 2006 jeep commander limited and wanted to put subs in it. but my dad said i cant cause the jeep already has its own amp or something like that so i actually cant put subs in the jeep.
is that true?
or could i get around it or what?
what did any of you guys do. or recommendations for sizes or what would work well in a jeep commander
thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

Yes it has it's own dedicated amp but there are ways around that. Do an in site search, there's a whole section dedicated to audio with all the info you need already here.
It has regular traffic so the information is always up to date.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Points: 2,486, Level: 30 Points: 2,486, Level: 30 Points: 2,486, Level: 30
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

do you have a built in gps or the standard stereo. you can replace the stereo with an aftermarket one and buy a kit that makes it fit correctly. then add an amp and sub. I recommend 1 high quality 12in sub and amp over two cheaper ones. check out http://www.crutchfield.com/ and it will tell you what you need, usually. I recommend kenwood products. also i would change out the front door speakers with better 6x9s components (comes with tweeters) and an amp before doing a sub. we are very lucky 6x9s fit in our cars, they dont in most (i think if they fit in any of your cars you have to upgrade them). they give you almost the same surface area as a 10in sub and have good bass response. mine are mb quarts and are killer

'06 4.7L V8 65th Green Commander;; Performance: K&N 57; Flowmaster SUV 50; 4" Superlift; 1.5" Spidertax Spacer; 285/70R17 BF Goods MT KM2 x5; 50x60 Surco rack;; Electronics: Kenwood Excelon deck, bluetooth unit, amp, and 12in over-sized sub; MB Quart amp and 6x9 speakers; Garmin GPS; Python Remote Start;; Other: Black WeatherTech floor mats; Clinometer; Glock mount; Replaced rear seat with toolbox.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Points: 2,486, Level: 30 Points: 2,486, Level: 30 Points: 2,486, Level: 30
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

also alot of places will try to sell you a ported box. i really dont like them, they can make it hit lower but not ported goes a lot harder and hits beats tighter. definitely in a spacious SUV, might be okay in the trunk of a car.

'06 4.7L V8 65th Green Commander;; Performance: K&N 57; Flowmaster SUV 50; 4" Superlift; 1.5" Spidertax Spacer; 285/70R17 BF Goods MT KM2 x5; 50x60 Surco rack;; Electronics: Kenwood Excelon deck, bluetooth unit, amp, and 12in over-sized sub; MB Quart amp and 6x9 speakers; Garmin GPS; Python Remote Start;; Other: Black WeatherTech floor mats; Clinometer; Glock mount; Replaced rear seat with toolbox.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

JBauer, do you have any recommendations for after market Nav units brands or places to shop for them?

-rjhj

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Last edited by rjhj; 11-17-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in