2008 commander will not start - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

2008 commander will not start

My commander has been working fine but yesterday wouldn't start ..The display comes on but the thing won't start ...but then started working again. This happened several times but now will not start at all. The battery is fine and I swapped relays but no luck. Tried tapping on the starter also and no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

What or where exactly did you use or go to get your battery tested?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

I used a fluke meter, my digital charger and also tried a jump ....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp2291 View Post
I used a fluke meter, my digital charger and also tried a jump ....
Fluke is a nice meter man not to many of us have those in our boxes. But none of those put a load on the battery which is what's needed to truly test the battery. What happened when you tried to jump start it? if you got nothing at all obviously start with the fuses but I'm sure you did that already. A few things I can think of is the ignition module or shift module or maybe the yellow starter wire. There is a yellow starter wire that has caused some problems with corrosion. Obviously if you jumped it and it started right up it would be a dead battery.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Well the dealer said it was a wire harness to the starter was bad ..going to pick it up now so I'll keep you posted as to how the repair holds up ..thanks alot for your input!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp2291 View Post
Well the dealer said it was a wire harness to the starter was bad ..going to pick it up now so I'll keep you posted as to how the repair holds up ..thanks alot for your input!
It might be that yellow starter wire I mentioned previously. Keep you receipt because if they just fix it without addressing the cause which I believe is from corrosion it will happen again. Hope things turn out good man.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Make it Happen

Everyone and anyone who is having issues with their Jeep NEEDS to file a complaint with the NHTSA! This is the only way this issue is going to be resolved. We can cry all we want on these forms, but with enough complaints a recall will be issued! I know it sucks because I have all these issues, but PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT!
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in