Power windows and door locks - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Power windows and door locks

My 2006 commander developed a strange problem....the only power window switches that will not work are the ones for the front windows on the driver's door control panal. Mirrow control stopped working too. all other window control switches in the vehicle work fine. The electric door locks also do not work on the drivers side. I replaced the entire switch box in the door and that did not solve the problem. Any help here??? I figured if it was fuses no windows would not work

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Not sure but that switch might be on its on relay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

I was trying to figure out if the windows and locks are on different fuse circuts...not sure Just seems funny that the switch consol in the drivers door only has one plug for the window control and the rear switches work but not the front two on the same plug...That is why I thought it was the switch box itself and replaced it. Figured maybe some water or something got down there and shorted it out along with the door lock switch and mirrow control. But no luck

Last edited by ironhawk762; 11-15-2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added info

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

They might be on the same fuse but different relay's. Grab you multimeter and start taking some measurements you should be able to track the problem down. Make sure the harness is still plugged in that goes threw the door unlikely it came undone there a PITA to unplug but you never know. Since you lost power or communication with just that switch panel it's a bad relay or the line is bad. Tracing the line with your meter should be easy enough. I sent you a PM.

Stop by and like the page

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Points: 544, Level: 10 Points: 544, Level: 10 Points: 544, Level: 10
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%

@ ironhawk762 or SAL-XK

I have the same problem, today. Any progress in the repair?

2006 Jeep Commander, Dark Khaki, V8 4.7L, 4x4, pleather seats, entertainment system, nav, sunroof.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Points: 391, Level: 7 Points: 391, Level: 7 Points: 391, Level: 7
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Power Window Issue

I am new to this forum, I bought a used 2006 commander back in Novemeber. If I had known then, what I know now, there is absolutely no way in this world I would have bought it. The first issue I had was the water on the passenger side floorboard. I am a do it yourselfer, so I found this site and dug in. The second thing was the navrec system disc not reading. The lights behind the climate control and also the window switch issue. I have resolved all except the window issue. I have both door panels off and nearly all of the wiring is pulled on the front end. The complete harness system is actually on my didning room table so I can see if there are any cut wires. Still no answers... I will go at it again tomorrow and let people know what I find. The other issues I had, feel free to ask what I had to do. I will completely rip this commander apart to find the root cause of anything.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Points: 1,007, Level: 17 Points: 1,007, Level: 17 Points: 1,007, Level: 17
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Was wondering if there has been any progress on this thread?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I have a 2007 Commander and as of right now the only two doors that will unlock are the drivers door and the rear window. the other three door and the hatch will not unlock. The two that are working will lock/unlock from the driver door, passenger door and the remote. Any ideas????
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

My '06 Commander had the same problem with the Driver's side door contols. The fault was in the door's wiring harness. The wires running through the dust boot into the car continuously flex with door operation and over time the wires break. I have experienced this problem on my '97 XJ as well. A new harness is ~ $70 if you don't want to tear the old one out and make some splices.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhawk762 View Post
My 2006 commander developed a strange problem....the only power window switches that will not work are the ones for the front windows on the driver's door control panal. Mirrow control stopped working too. all other window control switches in the vehicle work fine. The electric door locks also do not work on the drivers side. I replaced the entire switch box in the door and that did not solve the problem. Any help here??? I figured if it was fuses no windows would not work

Jim
With high confidence - its the door wiring harness. You have a broken wire or perhaps wires inside the dust boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in