HELP! Problem with Tire Warning Light! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy HELP! Problem with Tire Warning Light!

Hello, brand new to the block! I have had my Commander since May of last year. Mine is NOT the limited model! A base with leather and NAV. When I first got my jeep I had different tires put on and now I've had to change them out do to uneven wearing. I put my orignals back on, about 3 weeks ago. I had them rotated, balanced and had nitro's but in them. Then all of a sudden the tire warning light comes on. Took it to the dealer and had them check it out. They looked at them and replaced one of the sensors. A week ago, same thing happened again, tire warning light came on after 1 day from picking it up from the dealership. Called them back up and they told me that this is a problem with all Chrysler Jeep vehicles, and that I am not the first one to complain about it. They even checked the spare. Does anyone have any info on this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%

Re: HELP! Problem with Tire Warning Light!

No problems with random tire pressure monitor activation. Mine has only came on when the pressures were low due to cold temperatures.

I haven't heard of just random monitor activation for either the base or the Limited monitoring system.

2007 Jeep Commander Limited, 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 1955 Willys Jeep Pickup (Restoration Project), 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Points: 6,654, Level: 53 Points: 6,654, Level: 53 Points: 6,654, Level: 53
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

im like her, base 3.7 engine. I had the tire sensor set off after a shop filled/corrected the air pressure. it happened twice, I went and checked the air pressure myself and found that THERE air gauge was crap.

Once i correctly adjusted the air pressure the sensor never again went off.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Points: 6,617, Level: 53 Points: 6,617, Level: 53 Points: 6,617, Level: 53
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%

i read what u said and took everthing into consideration, i worked at a tire shop 3 years,(just letting u know) anyways

i recently noticed that that light came on, so i looked around for any nails etc,found nothing,,,,anyways later on that day i was washing my CMder,as i was washing the wheel i went over the sensor with the sponge and noticed that it was leaking from the sensor , the bubbles rising from the soap.(so try that on all 4 wheels),, i came to the conclusion that it just has to be tighted more,i havent came around to get it fix,i dont mind that light is on all the time.

anyways hear is another senerio,
when i worked at the tire shop there were the time when customers came in with hard to find leaks, the shop guys would dunk the wheel tire assebmly in water and if they saw no leaks they would put everthing back together and send the car in its merry way....see some times the tire guys are to lazy or in a hurry that on these sistuations they have to open up the tire and look for pin holes or nails that have gone thru and cant be seen from the outside onnly on the inside.its happend to me. so maybe the place where u took ur cMder dident really it check it the correct way. thats my take.

Last edited by gover805; 07-08-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in