Questions about aftermarket nav unit install - 2007 XK - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,386, Level: 20 Points: 1,386, Level: 20 Points: 1,386, Level: 20
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Questions about aftermarket nav unit install - 2007 XK

Okay heres the deal... i have a 2007 xk that i want to put a Pioneer D-3 into. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...264980,00.html

I need to know what all i need to make this happen. Im going to write a list of what i think i need and i would really appreciate it if someone could look it over and tell me where i have gone astray.

1) I have the model without the nav bezel so i need one of those first of all:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWD1V

2) I need a double din dash kit and i think the metra 99-6510 will do the trick: http://cgi.ebay.com/JEEP-2005-2007-w...QQcmdZViewItem

3) Third, i will need the Antennae adapter and that is 40-CR10: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uHRqoc7...10&i=12040CR10

4) The last and probably most important thing i need is the wiring harness. Im really lost as to what i need to get for this. I have the Boston speaker set up so i think my harness needs to take that into effect. This is what i think i need: the Metra CHTO-01 Interface. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uHRqoc7...01&i=120CHTO01
Please let me know if this is overkill or if i am getting the wrong thing.

Thanks for looking over this and if i figure it all out i will post pictures of the install. Thanks so much for everything!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Points: 4,266, Level: 41 Points: 4,266, Level: 41 Points: 4,266, Level: 41
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Send a message via AIM to 24s on Air Send a message via Yahoo to 24s on Air
Re: Questions about aftermarket nav unit install - 2007 XK

i got the kenwood DNX7100 installed last week, on a 06 without premium sound. Ill post pics shortly. all they did was cover the 2 knobs with black plastics. It looks alright but im going to end up covering that whole piece anyway.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

that would be perfect! also if you have a part number for the wiring harness, thats the part i am really struggling with. do you know if they retained the factory amp or bypassed it. you might want to look into getting the nav bezel to make up for the knob spaces.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Im at work now, the wiring harness you need is MEt xsvi6502. The chto01 isnt made anymore. You have to get the xsvi6502 because there is no true accesory running to the radio. The XSVi6502 harness still allows the radio to stay on after the key is out of the ignition until the doors are opened. now you can buy a cheaper harness the MET 996502 but you have to find an accesory from your ignition harness and you wont get the feature where the radio stays on. i ordered everything without buying the bezel. i will tell u this week if it works.

As far as the kit 24's on air is talking about, i believe his radio is only a single din, which the make a kit Metra 996507 that adds a pocket and comes with two pieces to fit where the nob goes.

Aaron's 2006 Commander 4.7 V8 QT-II:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

--
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

so if i can find the chto01 will it work? what is the difference between it and the xsvi6502? also, where can you find the new harness?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%

I might be new to this forum but I'm certainly a veteran when it comes to forums on the internet and the one thing that really annoys me is when people either reply to a topic with no clue on the answer, or reply with utter [email protected]#$t. And the later is true with the above reply with regards to the CHTO-01.
Metra stills makes this part and its quite readily available everywhere, it has not been discontinued as LuckAx2 has said. Also, the part number XSVI-6502 is only for systems that don't have the factory amp or for people who do not want to use the factory amp. If you want to retain the functionality of the factory amp, then the part number you need is the CHTO-01. There is a cheaper adapter from Pac-audio, however they state that you will lose your fading controls where as the CHTO-01 you do not. Some people on other forums say this is impossible but I can tell you first hand this does work as I use it myself.
Also, for your steering wheel controls you will need from Pac-audio the SWI-CAN in conjunction with the SWI-X. The SWI-CAN will have to be spliced into the wires from the CHTO-01 but it all works beautifully.
Now if you have any doubts feel free to drop Metra an email as they are very helpful and reply very quickly.

Hope this helps

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in