Quick factory Nav question - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quick factory Nav question

This may be a dumb question but here goes..
I have found several limited commanders that I like.. only problem... No factory Navigation..

Is the REC a plug and play deal as long as I get the antenna and bezel also?
Also is the Sirius Tuner built in to the REC or what do I need to have factory Sirius radio?
I was thinking that all Limiteds come with factory Sirius..I may be wrong..

I was not sure if the Jeep needed factory installed wiring or programming that a non-factory Nav Commander would not have..

Thanks

I know they sell them on EbaY and such but wasnt sure if they were for people that were having problems or needed a replacement for their current REC...

Last edited by milkman; 11-21-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Points: 2,858, Level: 32 Points: 2,858, Level: 32 Points: 2,858, Level: 32
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I purchased a an 07 Limited two months ago that did not have the factory navigation.
I have since purchased the rec radio/nav unit from ebay, ordered the bezel from the dealer($95.00) and had them install the unit for another $100.00 with tax it came to
$216.25. Everything is under the bumper to bumper warranty. You can purchase the unit for under $1.000 on ebay, some are refurbished but some are either new or just taken out of a new vehicle for an upgrade. The Sirius tuner works just like it did in the other radio. good luck.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Check the for sale section, one of our members has one currently for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

so the sirius tuner is a separate unit already in the commander limited?

I dont have a commander yet but I am looking for one and just dont want to limit myself because of no factory Navigation..

thanks

Jim
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
so the sirius tuner is a separate unit already in the commander limited?

I dont have a commander yet but I am looking for one and just dont want to limit myself because of no factory Navigation..

thanks

Jim
The Sirius tuner is separate from the H/U

5th Jeep

1991 YJ
1995 XJ Sport
1997 ZJ
2001 WJ
2006 XK 26 "U" pkg Dark Khaki!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%

Nav unit is plug and play. Only thing you have to do is add the GPS antenna. As far as Satelite. The tuner and antenna is seperate and is located under the second row seat near the Final Drive Control module. The new 08 commander has the satelite tuner built into the radio itself and the antenna is incorporated into the fm antenna. If the radio says Sirrus on the front it is satellite equipped.

If anyone has any questions on Mopar Accessory installs you can hit me up. I have installed basically everything they offer myself from Radios, Remote starts, Satelitte, the overhead DVD players. I Have access to ALL wiring diagrams Instructions, Diagnostic flow charts you name it. Just dont flood me with requests. I am a very busy person.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by neongts
If anyone has any questions on Mopar Accessory installs you can hit me up. I have installed basically everything they offer myself from Radios, Remote starts, Satelitte, the overhead DVD players. I Have access to ALL wiring diagrams Instructions, Diagnostic flow charts you name it. Just dont flood me with requests. I am a very busy person.
I need the correct bolts/screws (?) for mounting my Factory DVD monitor. I rigged it becase the parts guy couldn't locate the part number but I need the two screws that hide under the remote and what ever they go in to. Can you help me with parts or part numbers? Thanks and Welcome.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21

Sorry, I checked the parts catalog and unfortunately they are not servicable parts meaning that the don't have part numbers avaliable for them. If I recall they are just phillips screws approx .5" in lenght that go into a metal spring clip. Ive replaced overhead monitors and they come with the screws already mounted to the spring clips so when you install the monitor you just push hard to engage the spring clips.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 PM

Thats my problem, what spring clips do I need to use?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:16 PM
rwk
Points: 1,561, Level: 22 Points: 1,561, Level: 22 Points: 1,561, Level: 22

Just purchased an 07 Sport, it does not have auto headlight and the lever. Can a lever be added to the existing wiring? Also where can I find the lever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in