Lights out - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Lights out

How difficult is it to fix the lights that light up behind the temperature controls? 2 of 3 are out and it looks the third one is on its way out.
Thanks in advance guys!!

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Commander 4X4 (stock, as of now)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 179000
I wouldn't think it was too hard. I had my dash out today and after that to take out the middle section where the temp controls are it is just snaps. At least you could pull it apart and look into it. To take the dash panel off you take out the 16 allen head screws visable on the front panel then pull out the snap tabs. Maybe someone else has gone into this a little further.

Mine:2008 Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0 CRD...OME HD lift, JBA control arms, AEV Onyx Salta w/ 265/70/17 General Grabbers.
Hers:2007 3.7 Commander Graystone
2.25"RR lift, monroe 171377 struts, monroe 58646 shocks, JBA 6.7 control arms, Moto Metal MO970 w/ 265/70/17 Hercules Terra Trac ATII
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

The interior trim has changed over the years, so what works for my 2010 might NOT for you 2006.

But you have to remove the chrome bezel around the shifter, just pry up and it will unsnap from the shifter, then you remove the panel around the shifter covering the front half of the lower center console. That will remove the lower center console piece that is in front of the lip to the panel in the upper/dash center console that. Just pry out the upper/dash center console panel the environmental controls will be screwed into that panel and come out with it, you just have to disconnect the wires and turn the panel around to access the back of the environmental control unit.

I forget if it has little snap in lights or NOT, I might be confusing it with another car I own, as well, the 2010 might have switched to LED's soldered into the boards of the dash and consoles.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Points: 7,765, Level: 59 Points: 7,765, Level: 59 Points: 7,765, Level: 59
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 125498
wow, I got the same situation on mine also. If i smack it, the lights come one. I am tired, tho of giving it some smack... lol

2007 Limited, Black ( stock)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in