Airbag light finally off!!! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Airbag light finally off!!!

Ever since I installed my Jensen VM9312 head unit I've had an intermittent problem with my airbag system shutting off. I installed it with the Metra CHTO-01 wiring harness.

Well, I finally proved it was a problem with the install by putting my stock head unit back in. I couldn't find who I purchased the original wiring harness from so I just ordered a brand new one from Crutchfield. The new harness is different from the first one I installed!!!! I had thought I'd just unplug the harness from the board on the Metra kit and use the original plugs on the new kit, but they must have re-engineered the kit since the plugs are now different and the gain on the metra kit is on the outside instead of inside of the black box. Anyway, installed the new kit, now my Commander is safe and loud.

I celebrated by upgrading my amp to a Ryval v1502 1000 watt 2 channel amp, and my sub to an MTX Thunder 5500 series.

Ah, thumping properly now and life is good with no codes. Now I just need this sub to loosen up a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

I just received my Jensen VM9312 from crutchfield and they sent me the metra xvsi-6502 wiring harness for my 07 jeep commander. Is this the same harness you have? This harness has a black box, but I don't see any gain control on the outside. I didn't think there was any gain control on it at all. Btw, I have the stock radio, no BA and no nav. Also, where did you mount the jensen media link? I plan on putting infinity 3022cf 3.5" for dash, polk db's for front and rear doors. Sub will be a JL 10w7 with their 500/1 amp. Do you have any pics of your audio setup?
Thanks for your help.
Marco
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Since you don't have BA, that is the right harness for you, and no gain control necessary since no stock amp.

Media link I put in below the steering wheel. That interior panel just pops down (kinda like a glovebox) and I mounted it there, running my Ipod cable into the far left cubby. Worked out beautifully. Sorry no pics taken, but I'm just running s simple hatch box so I can remove it when I need to use the 3rd row, amp is mounted in the back under the power port on the driver side (behind the net).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in