Jeep Commander Forum banner

Sigle DIN or Double DIN??

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  YB Normyl 
#1 ·
Is the commander a single Din radio or double din radio? What can I fit in that opening? I heard motorized radio units with a pop up screen will not fit?

#2 ·
It is both depending on what you have.

#4 · (Edited)
pmg1997 said:
Is the commander a single Din radio or double din radio? What can I fit in that opening? I heard motorized radio units with a pop up screen will not fit?
You can get a filler for the space depending on what you want to put in. If it's an 08 model, it's 1.5 Din and duoble din for MyGig and if it's an 06 OR 07 it's either bigger than double Din for the NAV unit or 1.5 Din for the rest.

Edit: corrected as per Rubi

#5 ·
YB Normyl said:
You can get a filler for the space depending on what you want to put in. If it's an 08 model, it's 1.5 Din and if it's an 06 OR 07 it's either 2.0 Din for the NAV unit or 1.5 Din for the rest.
On 2008's the NAV and non-NAV MyGig units are dual DIN (4" tall). The others are 1.5 DIN (3" tall).

On 2006's and 2007's the NAV unit is larger than a dual DIN. They are more like 2.5 DIN (5" tall). The others are 1.5 DIN (3" tall).

#6 ·
rubicontrail.net said:
On 2008's the NAV and non-NAV MyGig units are dual DIN (4" tall). The others are 1.5 DIN (3" tall).

On 2006's and 2007's the NAV unit is larger than a dual DIN. They are more like 2.5 DIN (5" tall). The others are 1.5 DIN (3" tall).
Thanks Rubi, I didn't realize the REC units were that much bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.