Easy Fix for auto up/down window problem/tsb!! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Easy Fix for auto up/down window problem/tsb!!

Not sure if anyone has actually read the Tsb for the auto window roll up problem, but the is a pretty easy fix to try, before taking it in for a motor replacement.. My window started acting up after i reset the battery last week, so was gonna take it in to get the motor replaced. Anyway i was gonna print out the tsb and take it to the dealer with me so they couldnt mess w/ me, anyway i stumbled upon this procedure....and it worked, so give it a shot cuz its the same thing your dealer's gonna do, to determine if thier gonna replace your motor or not..takes 1 min..give it a shot

Do this:

a. First, disable (de-normalize) the express-up feature: Drive the glass into the full-up
position by pulling up on the window switch to its first detent (manual mode) and
holding switch until the glass is fully closed.
b. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window
switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch.
Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is
fully open. (Ensure door module is de-normalized by pulling up on the window
switch to the second detent (express mode) and verifying the window does
not go into the express up mode. If the window goes into express mode,
repeat step b. If the window does not go into express mode proceed to next
step.)
c. Reset (normalize) the express-up module for the door window glass in question:
Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its first
detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second
after the window glass has fully closed..

check that it works and your done....worked for me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,142, Level: 100 Points: 59,142, Level: 100 Points: 59,142, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
This is why we have a search feature. This procedure has been posted several times.

05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
jeep5253

Re: Crazy passenger window
My passenger window recently did the same thing and this is a known problem with the Commanders. I followed the repair procedure in TSB 23-008-06 and that seems to have taken care of the problem. You just have to reset the control. Here is the procedure:

1. Reset the express-up module for the door window glass in question.
a. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its
second detent (manual mode) and holding switch until the glass is fully closed.
b. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window
Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is
fully open.
c. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its
second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full
second after the window glass has fully closed.
d. Check the operation of the express-up feature.
e. Check that the window glass reverses when in the express-up mode by holding a
pen in the path of the glass.

12-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Milous

To reset the express-up module for the door window glass in question:

A. First, disable (de-normalize) the express-up feature: Drive the glass into the full-up
position by pulling up on the window switch to its first detent (manual mode) and
holding switch until the glass is fully closed.

B. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window
fully open. (Ensure door module is de-normalized by pulling up on the window
switch to the second detent (express mode) and verifying the window does
not go into the express up mode. If the window goes into express mode,
repeat step b. If the window does not go into express mode proceed to next
step.)

C. Reset (normalize) the express-up module for the door window glass in question:
Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its first
detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second
after the window glass has fully closed.

See: TSB 23-032-07

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Last edited by jeep5253; 01-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,142, Level: 100 Points: 59,142, Level: 100 Points: 59,142, Level: 100

4WD
In my experience this procedure is only temporary. I can't remember how many times I have reset the passenger window but now I am going to get the regulator replaced. The service manager at my dealership said he has only been able to fix one window by doing this procedure and that all the others had to have the regulator replaced.

Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%

ohhhhhh i got the search feature speech..damn, and here i was thinking i stumbled upon something new..lol

well my bad , call me a noob and delete the thread..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21 Points: 1,461, Level: 21
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%

Dont waste your time doing this. Take it from me. Just get the regulator and door module replaced. I do this repair all day long on Commanders and Grand Cherokees. The regulator has been updated and so has the door module. I dont remember off hand but I will post a tech note that I have about certain build dates that if one window auto reverses then you are to replace both front window regulators and now flash the door modules.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:26 PM

This is what the Tech Tip states

Grand Cherokee and Commander vehicles that were built between 2-12-2007 and 10-3-2007. A more durable window regulator design has been released for these vehicles.

If the customer complaint is of the front door window having a false reversal occurance (the window is going up and for no reason goes back down) both front door regulators (left and right) need to be replaced during this repair. In addition to replacement of the regulator assemblies, the window module needs to be re-flashed to the latest software version using the StarSCAN. The repair procedure in the service manual should be followed to perform this repair.

The module information is as follows:

Module part # 04602921AB (Driver and Passenger door Control module with Memory) will become part # 04602921AC with the flash.

Module part # 04602922AB (Driver and Passenger Window only Door Control Module) will become part # 04602922AC with the flash.

The regulator information is as follows:

The replacement parts are 04589171AG & 04589170AG for the Grand Cherokee.

The replacement parts are 55396480AH & 55396481AH for the Commander.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neongts
Grand Cherokee and Commander vehicles that were built between 2-12-2007 and 10-3-2007. A more durable window regulator design has been released for these vehicles.
Lot of 2006 models with this problem.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM

That is just a newer bulletin that came out. The original tsb also includes to replace the door regulator and module. Im just simply stating that the re learn feature is just a waste of time. All Grand Cherokees and Commanders have this problem with the auto up feature.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Points: 4,102, Level: 40 Points: 4,102, Level: 40 Points: 4,102, Level: 40
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Neongts,
Thanks for your post, most of the time I have to really push my dealer to get things done, and if it wasn't for this site I would just have to take thier word..."can't do that, or can't be duplicated."
Thanks again

07 Mineral Gray Limited:, 4.7, Daystar Lift, 245/70/17 Wrangler Dura-Tracs, u-connect, some chrome do dads, 20% tint, skids, LED Tails, HIR bulbs, splash guards, aFe intake, magnaflow muffler, RR Supersliders, 4X front and belly guard. "Get Lost" Diff Cover, and UCA's sitting on floor.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9 Points: 457, Level: 9
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

Window does not stay up

I just replaced the battery last week and as soon as I get home I realize the drivers side front window does not remain closed when using the automatic button. It will go up and then come back down halfway before it stops. The only way to close it completely is to do so manually by holding the button and continuing to hold it for a couple of seconds after the window closes. If I let the button go as soon as the window reaches the top then the window will come back down 1/2" or so. Has anyone experienced this problem or know of anyone who has?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/3692-easy-fix-auto-up-down-window-problem-tsb.html
Posted By For Type Date
szyby przednie - problem This thread Refback 10-26-2016 02:43 AM