FORTIN REMOTE STARTER INSTALL (key fob only)
Tools needed: wire strippers, electrical tape, zip ties, 18 gage wire butt connectors, 3 inch long torx 20 screw driver
- order fortin remote start from here: http://www.mypushcart.com/Remote-Start-Table-Jeep.htm
(note I ordered the ‘add-on’ that uses existing key fob pressing lock x3 to remote start)
- Once ordered and received in the mail open up and find the t-harness and white 20 pin connector harness. Connect the first yellow wire (pin 1) from the 20 pin connector to the loose yellow wire on the t – harness (note: I did this using a butt connector and electrical tap)
**NOTE: do not cut any wires on the T- harness. It is not necessary!!**
- Go to your jeep and lower the kick panel below the steering wheel. Remove lower steering wheel column cover by removing 3 torx screws.
- Follow the following you tube video to install t-harness and program fortin remote starter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLkTaGIVIwk
(note: the clip to remove the ignition wire harness is at the top. Press down and slide towards engine)
- Zip tie wires and unit under the dash. I zip tied it to the metal vertical bar next to the ignition.
- Re-install lower steering wheel column cover and put 3 screws back in
- put back kick panel