Ipod in DVD package Stereo - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,623, Level: 23 Points: 1,623, Level: 23 Points: 1,623, Level: 23
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Ipod in DVD package Stereo

What do I need to hook up an Ipod to my radio? I have the DVD entertainment and Navigation. I do not see an aux plug anywhere? I do see AV jacks on the Entertainment system? What are my options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

the search feature is your friend...

For 2006 and 2007 Commanders

Do a search on EBAY. They make an IPOD intergration kit direct from JEEP that you can use you steering wheel controls to control the IPOD.. Really neat.. I have one and the sound is totally digital.. no FM modulation. Also puts track info on the NAV screen!

Chrysler P/N is 82209617AC I believe...You can get one for about 170.00 if your lucky..

ENJOY!

Last edited by milkman; 02-18-2008 at 12:02 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

Thumbs up iPod Integration Cable

I have the RAK stereo (non-navigation 6 cd changer) and just had the iPod Integration cable installed. I paid $215 for it directly from the dealer. It is the one made by Mopar specifically for the vehicle. You can probably find it much cheaper on ebay.

Style: much better than the looks of the clunky FM Modulator I had plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Substance: far exceeds the sound quality of the FM Modulator (I had a top of the line DLO). I compared the iPod to a CD and the quality is nearly as good...at least according to my standards. I had the wiring run into the glove compartment where the iPod stays, however, I have also seen the wiring routed to the cubby hole directly above the glove compartment.

Only con: have to wait for satellite channels to load when switching genres, artists, or playlists. However, the wait time is mere seconds and is certainly worth it in light of the improved sound quality

2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi Limited
Jeep Crossbars and Bike Racks
Chrome Gas Cap
AEM Brute Force Intake System
Magnaflow Muffler
Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers
Billet Grille Inserts
SRT8 Pedal Overlays
Chrome Door Sills
Ipod Interface
Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift
Rancho RS5000 Front Struts
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Rear Shocks
Raceline Assault 20" Wheels
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 Tires
Borla Exhaust Tips
Limo Tint

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Points: 480, Level: 9 Points: 480, Level: 9 Points: 480, Level: 9
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

The cheap solution is to purchase a cable that has a standard head phone jack on one end and RCA plugs on the other end. The RCA plugs get plugged into the audio plugs (white and red) in the entertainment system and the head phone plug plugs into your ipod. The set you radio as if you were going to watch a movie. Once your ipod starts playing the entertainment system picks up the signal and starts playing through your radio. You canít control your ipod through the steering wheel controls (you have to use the ipod controls) and the cable is a bit in the way but if your on a budget it works and should cost you less than $10.

2006 Metalic Blue 4.7L Commander Limited
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Points: 3,614, Level: 37 Points: 3,614, Level: 37 Points: 3,614, Level: 37
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpsfe
I have the RAK stereo (non-navigation 6 cd changer) and just had the iPod Integration cable installed. I paid $215 for it directly from the dealer. It is the one made by Mopar specifically for the vehicle. You can probably find it much cheaper on ebay.

Style: much better than the looks of the clunky FM Modulator I had plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Substance: far exceeds the sound quality of the FM Modulator (I had a top of the line DLO). I compared the iPod to a CD and the quality is nearly as good...at least according to my standards. I had the wiring run into the glove compartment where the iPod stays, however, I have also seen the wiring routed to the cubby hole directly above the glove compartment.

Only con: have to wait for satellite channels to load when switching genres, artists, or playlists. However, the wait time is mere seconds and is certainly worth it in light of the improved sound quality

I also purchased mine directly from the dealer (cost and installation around $400.00). It is made by Mopar and I had the dealer instal it because I wanted to control it through my steering wheel. It worked great for the first 30 days, but no longer works. I went back to the dealer (30 days have now past) and they along with Chrysler engineers still can not figure out why it is NOT working anymore. I spoke to the dealer today and said, if they do not have an answer to resolve this issue, I will want a FULL refund as they sold and installed a faulty product. Has anyone else had this issue?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26 Points: 1,958, Level: 26
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

I've got my iphone plugged in through genuine Ipod leads into the 3 sockets on the DVD. It will play videos, games, internet through the screen as well as music through the head unit.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Points: 399, Level: 7 Points: 399, Level: 7 Points: 399, Level: 7
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

My Ipod connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek
I've got my iphone plugged in through genuine Ipod leads into the 3 sockets on the DVD. It will play videos, games, internet through the screen as well as music through the head unit.
I do the same it was not expensive and it works very well.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Points: 1,122, Level: 18 Points: 1,122, Level: 18 Points: 1,122, Level: 18
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%

itworks great and its cheap...thx tallmick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in