VES Headphone Sound Quality - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

VES Headphone Sound Quality

When I picked up my Commander, it didn't have any headphones for the VES. I don't have kids, and figured I didn't much care, but at some point I'd pick up some headphones just to have the option. I'm going to be camping in the Jeep this weekend and figured I'd open up the option to watch a movie if it's raining, so I picked up a set of http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AUPJVO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001APRFP2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0F9093Y1XQDQ076MBM0R IR headphones and tested them out. Playing a CD, the sound quality is pretty poor, but sounds more like a bit rate problem than poor quality headphones.

The question is, with the factory VES headphones, is the audio quality that good over the IR system and I just have bad headphones, or is the transmitter in the VES just of poor quality? I was going to pick up the OEM headphones right off the bat, but put off the purchase too long and shipping would have taken too long, so I opted for the Amazon Prime option!

2007 Red Rock Crystal Pearl Overland
- 2" Daystar lift - 245/75/17 Revo 2s - 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I don't remember what they sound like anymore but my kids use them. They haven't complained which means they work well because my kids are picky LOL I do know if you lean forward just a tad it seems like the signal gets lost. I had one OEM and one off amazon. I think I have both OEM ones with this XK if no one replies with better info I'll go try them out when I get a chance later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in