Front HVAC Blower not working at any speeds - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Talking Front HVAC Blower not working at any speeds

Hello and thanks for looking at my post. I currently have a 06 XK/Commander that will not blow air from the front blower system consistently. I replaced the resister with another and pig tail due to the two parts being fused together, still no luck. Replaced the blower motor, and temp control switch, still nothing. Due to seeing that the wiring harness looked to be a little cooked from the multiple issues I went ahead and replaced it, pretty big pain in the you know what. And to my dismay I still have nothing. Now I'm at the point where I feel I've exhausted my options and wanted to see if there's something I missed. The 40AMP fuse looks to be good, even swapped with another known working one, no love. Due to me having the old fan I connected it and watched it as I turned over the ignition, I do see a faint movement but it just doesn't go, even when I help it to see if it's possibly the bad bearing holding it back I get nothing. The main connector to the harness looks fine as well, also sometimes out of nowhere prior to replacing the harness my blower would just kick on, and work, that's until I have to turn off the ignition than I'm back to the craps shoot of, "Is my air going to work today...??? Any help is appreciated, thanks again.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Have you check the control head that houses the switch? If its the simpler single zone system, you can put it into a selft test. If its the more sophisticated dual zone, automatic temp control, only the Dealer tool can start the self test. I have a 2010, it may have been different in the 2006.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 04:27 AM
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%

Hello FixitRight, if your HVAC is not working properly then it may be possible that some technical issue will be there. We can do basic maintenance and repairing of hvac system, but only the professional technicians like this can do the technical maintenance, therefore call a technician and get your HVAC checked and replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Tags
commander issue , hvac not blowing , no blower at any speeds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in