Rear Passenger window - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Electronics / NAV Discussion This section contains discussion about the electronics system and NAV system in the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rear Passenger window

Have a 2007 Commander where the rear passenger window only goes down but not up.
The window switch at the driver side (the 4) 3 of them works, but not the one for the rear passenger window. I have taken the trim of the door on the rear passenger window, and the motor work fine. The window switch on the door work only down, not up...
What can be wrong here? could it be the power window swith at the driver side or?

Is it possible to get the window up by connecting external wires to the motor? Just to get it fixed by a mechanical?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 PM
Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2010
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 99,000
Garage
If you can't move the window up by either the drivers door switch or the pass. door switch then it is very possible that you have a broken wire on the loom that goes to the drivers door as I think all of the power goes through there first and then to the other doors/windows but if you can verify power to the switch at the problem door for up I don't see why you could not jump the up side if you have the door panel off. The other thing you could try is with the key on, on the drivers door, hold the up switch for the pass. window and reach down and wiggle or move the flex tube that the wires go through into the drivers door, if it moves at all that is a good spot to look for a short or broken wire.

Swanny
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply..
Done all that. tested checked, but nothing happens.
The strange thing is that when I tested the 2 cords that goes to the window motor, both gives power when I use the switch on the door.. (each way)
But window motor still only goes down... tested on a new motor, but it only goes down to..

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Updates

There are 2 cords to the rear passenger window motor. If I use the window switch on the door , there are power in one of them when I pull it up, and power in the other one when I push it down..
Could close the window if i took a battery, and connect one + and one - cord from the battery to the window motor...

Do the switch give both + and - to the window motor?

So my conclusion might be.. the rear window motor works fine, so the switch. But only down..

Since I cant do anything from the panel on the driver door, it might be there the problem is located somewhere.. not the panel/switch, but the cords.. Since there are power on the window switch rear, can it be a cord into the driver door that might can be broken? do someone know if there is any -cord that have connection between the 2 panels/switches?

Anyone, any ideas? Am I on the right track?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Electronics / NAV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in